• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

P**pal fee refunds

DePasta

Stop it! That tickles!
Ironworker and LouieNY, I did not realize that passing on P**pal fees was not acceptable practice. Since you made purchases from me where I added the fees I will refund the fee. If you prefer that P**pal does not take there 3% out of the 3% refund, I will send you a couple of sticks that I enjoy smoking. I am posting this in public as an open apology, as Rod has said that passing on fees is not in the spirit of being a BOTL.

Regards,
-D

ddepaola said:
Ironworker and LouieNY, I did not realize that passing on P**pal fees was not acceptable practice.  Since you made purchases from me where I added the fees I will refund the fee. If you prefer that P**pal does not take there 3% out of the 3% refund, I will send you a couple of sticks that I enjoy smoking.  I am posting this in public as an open apology, as Rod has said that passing on fees is not in the spirit of being a BOTL.

Regards,
-D
[snapback]278313[/snapback]​

I appreciate the honesty Ddepaola, you are a good man. Sticks are fine.
BTW, I smoked that box over xmas/NYE weekends, loved it

Dan,

Please don't misread what Rod was saying. We had a member that was bitching about the "p" word, and mentioned it was a regular practice for members here to collect the 3% fees. Here was Neal's (SamClemmon's) response to that bitch:

For the record you wanted to do a 50 dollar deal for mid range sticks. I gave you the option of a money order or paypal+3 more for your benefit than mine. I've never made a profit on a newbie trade. You sent 51.50 and I got 49. and change. I sent you over 60 bucks worth of cigars and ate the shipping. Now you tell me how in the hell you're getting heartburn over that? Newbs never cease to fugging amaze me.

I've not heard anyone complain about paying the 3% in fees. What Neal is saying is absolutely true - generally when trades are done here, the sender is the one bearing the responsibility of the costs - and sometimes they exceed what is sent. Most members never split hairs - get every last penny out of the transaction they can. And it doesn't seem to me like you did either. You gotta package up the cigars, use your supplies, take your time to go to the post office, etc. No one is going to complain about the 3% fees, especially if the "p" word is charging you for them.

Good gesture, though - to think about the ones you've done business with and make sure they're taken care of. That's the spirit of friendship Rod and the stand up members try to maintain on the board. And it has to come from within.... :thumbs:

Thanks ggiese, I understand. I am somwhat pissed that I even used PP after all the crap they give us. I stand behind my offer for these two and will probably not use PP for my transactions especially not my premier account that charges fees, if it can be avoided.

-D

edited for sepling. :rolleyes:

Dan,

Your heart's in the right place. :thumbs:

In my analysis, trades are a different type of transaction from sales or splits. There's an element of tangible goodwill involved in trades that, I think, honor suggests the zeroing out of costs is the right thing to do. As for sales and splits, what's fair is what's on the barrelhead. The goodwill is produced upfront by a conscientious offering and I consider the transaction costs (typically only regarded as any fees) fair to charge back.

Wilkey

Sorry for the misunderstanding guys. I hope I didn't put out the wrong image. I was just a little bent with the Jeffro situation.

EDIT:

Let me reiterate. If both parties agree to the fee, no problem. That's between the two parties. My beef is when someone trys to profit from a trade.

Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding. I should have been more clear.

Thanks Rod, I appreciate everything you and all the others do to keep this board up and running for as long as it has. You guys must be doing something right. I just hope I never need them to set me straight!!!

Ironworker and LouieNY just consider this a premeditated F**K P**Pal Bomb!!

LouieNY DC# 0103855749516021060
Ironworker DC# 01038555749505535301

-D

Thanks dan, and let me just say you are great BOTL and i had no problem at all on how your conducted business.

As a someone not residing in the US a for one have absolutely no problem with pp fees.
As I can't buy a USPS MO on the net and having to pay up to $25 for an MO here in sweden, I wouldn't be able to do most of the trades I do if it wasn't for pp.

Just 2 cents here, but in the transactions I've been involved in, where the seller (or coordinator, in the case of the group buy) have accepted P**Pal, they didn't ASK for the 3%, but I always included it anyway. I know that the use of this payment service is on the decline on these boards (for good reason), but in the cases where it's still used, I think people sending payment should ALWAYS try to cover the fee, as you know good and well the folks on this board are giving you a straight deal on the sticks, and to clip them on fees (or shipping) is just mean spirited.

Nobody's going to get away with gouging on this board, which is one of the great benefits of participating (and why all the so called "drama" is actually a necessary part of the board). Thanks to the good work of a select crew who spend a lot of their time keeping other members honest, I benefit by being able to trust the people I deal with on this board. It's incumbent on me, therefore, to make sure I'm just as trustworthy and don't try and clip someone for fees or shipping. The whole point of a cigar board like this is be a community. Do your part, don't be small.

KevPriest

ddepaola said:
Thanks Rod, I appreciate everything you and all the others do to keep this board up and running for as long as it has. You guys must be doing something right. I just hope I never need them to set me straight!!!

Ironworker and LouieNY just consider this a premeditated F**K P**Pal Bomb!!

LouieNY DC# 0103855749516021060
Ironworker DC# 01038555749505535301

-D
[snapback]278336[/snapback]​

Now here is someone who gets it. Although likely not necessary, a very nice gesture. Well done. :thumbs:

Dan, Our transaction was straight forward and I knew the absolute costs going into the buy.

You sent me a message asking if I wanted to purchase so hard to get stuff and I went along with it. We agreed on a price and if I thought for minute it was to high or the extra fees were out of line I would have told you so (I'm not shy).
So please do not in anyway feel bad or feel like you did me some sort of injustice to me because that's not the case.

If you feel some need to send me something please send it to the troops instead.

I appreciate your honesty and not for one second did I ever think the prices were to high or the fee's were out of line.

Rich

Thanks Rich. Unfortunately the package is in the mail. I do plan on doing somethingfor the troops also.

-D

LouieNY said:
I honestly don't mind the PP fees, i see it as a convience fee for not having to get an MO......
[snapback]278329[/snapback]​

This is also how I feel about PP. It just makes things simpler! And quicker!

That is why I always use a M.O. That way there are no additional fees and try and keep things as cheap and easy as possible.

Back