• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

packing technique

NullSmurf

Das Bruce
Anyone have the link to that Youtube on the thumb method of packing a bowl?

I found this technique about a week ago and have been using it since. I love it. Puts a nice tight plug in the top of the bowl with a loose fill underneath. It seems to aerate the whole bowl. Very few relights and a nice long smoke that doesn't go out. Took me a few tries to get it right. I don't think I'll ever pack a bowl the old (layering) way again.

I found this technique about a week ago and have been using it since. I love it. Puts a nice tight plug in the top of the bowl with a loose fill underneath. It seems to aerate the whole bowl. Very few relights and a nice long smoke that doesn't go out. Took me a few tries to get it right. I don't think I'll ever pack a bowl the old (layering) way again.

It works very well for many blends, but it isn't worth a plug nickel for flakes (even rubbed out) or a lot burley blends (many of which are cube cut).

It has it's purpose and it's my preferred method for some blends. It isn't a universal method, though.

It works very well for many blends, but it isn't worth a plug nickel for flakes (even rubbed out) or a lot burley blends (many of which are cube cut).

It has it's purpose and it's my preferred method for some blends. It isn't a universal method, though.

exactly. I use the the frank method for certain tobaccos, but mainly still use the 3 layer technique.