• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1926 40th Natural

CRQuarto

Brrraaaiiinnnsss.....
Padron 1926 40th Years
Size: 6 1/2" x 54 rg Torpedo
Wrapper: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Strength: Full

Well, it's my birthday! :D What better way to celebrate, than to smoke a prestigious cigar such as this one? What if, though, said cigar was also a birthday smoke gifted to you by one of your best friends? Even better! Thanks Shant! :thumbs: I've never had a 40th, so this will be a great way to try it for the first time!

Pre-Light

What can be said, other than this cigar is crafted in typical Padron fashion: a slightly rough wrapper that is impeccably applied, with a perfectly done head and foot. The scent on the wrapper is a very mild tobacco scent which has my mouth watering.

Draw & Burn

Once clipped, the tapered torpedo head draw was on the loose side, which I have found to be typical of the '26 line. Oddly enough, this draw always works in the favor of the cigar, never once does it cause the cigar to burn too hot, become bitter or harsh. The burn was razor straight throughout the smoke, leaving behind a solid white ash that let loose every inch when tapped off.

Flavor Profile

The pre-light draw had a hint of mild tobacco on it, and a nice sweetness on the lips. Flavors were supreme, complex, and rich. I tasted leather, cocoa, coffee bean, earthiness, and a delicious, rich tobacco. There was an absolutely wonderful spice in the nose and mouth that was ever present in the mile long finish. The sheer strength of the flavors and body was outstanding, and not in the least bit overpowering. I have to say that this one easily one of the smoothest, creamiest smokes I have ever had.

Overall Impression

A truly top notch cigar, this is what sets Padron apart from others. The '26 line is easily one of the best premium cigars out there, and the 40th takes it to a whole new level. Rarely does one find a cigar that smokes as smooth as this one did. I took this thing down to the finger scorching nub, and was truly sad when it was over. Thank you Shant for a kick ass birthday smoke! :D

DSC_2301.jpg

DSC_2308.jpg

Do you know how long your friend had been sitting on it? I haven't known the 26 line to be smooth or creamy. :blush:

Happy Birthday Bud!!! You couldn't have picked a better smoke for your birthday. I've never had the natural, but the maduro is really good too. Hope the rest of the day was just as good!

Nice smoke Charles, and a great review too! I think I want to fire up one of the Padron cigars I have... haven't yet had the opportunity to burn one.

Well, for me the pepper was really in the nose and finish. The smoke and flavors just seemed smooth and creamy to me, no bite to it. I had trouble describing this cigar so it was the best I could come up with. :D

First, Happy Birthday, You can't go wrong with a Padron, and it sounds like you suffered terribly in doing this test. Do we need to send Devil Doc to see if you need treatment?

Best wishes here

Da Pugman

Do you know how long your friend had been sitting on it? I haven't known the 26 line to be smooth or creamy. :blush:

Well I bought the stick from one of the local B&M shops in Long Beach and the stick sat in our humi for a total of four days so I can not really speak of age.

First, Happy Birthday, You can't go wrong with a Padron, and it sounds like you suffered terribly in doing this test. Do we need to send Devil Doc to see if you need treatment?

Best wishes here

Da Pugman

I know Charles was in heaven while smoking the Padron 40th, but on the other hand I was damn here on my death bed after tackling a La Gloria Cubanna Series R Limitada. Charles has pictures I think, might as well post them bud :D

Back