• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1926 Serie No. 6 Maduro

wshell

Padron 1926 Serie No. 6 Maduro
50x 4 3/4
Band No. 169242

Woke up after a long nap Monday afternoon/night and decided to light up one of the best smokes I had in the humi. To this point I had never experienced a smoke of this hype and caliber so I was obviously very eager. My first Padron at that!! I am more of a natural wrapper fan at this point but tried the maduro and was very pleased, as it was extremely smooth and not overpowering. Construction of the stick was flawless, no bumps of any kind and very firm. Did my typical Xikar cut, foot toast, and light. Initial impression was that I am not a fan of the rectangular box pressed shape (too flat for me), but it grew on me alot as the smoke went on.

First fifth was somewhat uneventful, some earthy tastes here and there and a few hints of coffee. The real flavor came between 1-2/5 into the stick, where I really began to pick up strong coffee tastes, compounded with hints of wood. The strong coffee remained throughout the smoke, and intensified a bit around 3/5 into the cigar. Along with the coffee taste getting richer, I began to pick up on leathery tastes as well. The leather faded with about an inch left and I was left with a strong, smooth, rich coffee finish. One of the best burning cigars I've ever had, even the entire way.

Only problem I had with the '26 was a slightly tight draw that loosened as time went on, but never so bad that the smoke wasn't enjoyable.

A great cigar, no doubt about it, as well as a great way to get my feet wet in the premium world. Though the $15-16 price tag that was on it is steep for me, the smoke was good enough to make me seriously consider buying a few more. Now all I need to do is fire up the 1964's I have in the humi and do a little comparison!! What a way to start off my Padron experience.

Any review advice would be very helpful, thanks for reading!!

Very nice review wshell. You did fine :thumbs:

As for tips, you might also want to remark on the quality and appearance of the ash as well as the aroma and aftertaste. DId you have anything to drink with it? To eat? A little more context would be very useful.

Keep 'em coming.

Wilkey

Nice review. These are always great sticks, but like you, they are a little expensive for me. I keep 5-6 on hand as "special occasion" cigars.

Good review...I saw some good details.

After reading others' reviews about the 1926's Vs. the 1964s...I have to agree that the 1964s are more my favorite.

I'm into the more mellow and rich flavors.
If you like more of a tobacco flavor, the 1926 is your best bet.

Try a 1964 and see if you can taste any differences.

And be sure to post a review.

It seems to me that you can't really apreciate a 26' till you have smoked many 64's. The 26' is not worth the extra pice but is deffinately better in my opinion.

Fyodor,

I think you've got a point there...

I'm still new to cigar smoking, so I probably don't quite have a developed palate.

I might be saying something different in a few years.

Fyodor said:
It seems to me that you can't really apreciate a 26' till you have smoked many 64's. The 26' is not worth the extra pice but is deffinately better in my opinion.
[snapback]285918[/snapback]​

Well,

I don't know if I fully agree with that. I've smoked a ton of 1964 over the years and maybe the equivalent of a box-worth of various 1926 and while I'll agree they're different, the opion of whether they are "better" in some sense of the term, varies depending on the circumstances surrounding my smoking of them.

To tell the truth, most of the time I enjoy the PAM64's better. The 1926 just seem to demand more attention because they strike me as more intense. So, I guess in that sense, perhaps they're "better."

Wilkey

Definately give the pam64s a try and see if you like it better. I have only been smoking a couple of years, but the 64s are one of my favorite smokes. I bet you will enjoy it. Let us know what you find. Thanks for the fine review.

Brandon

I have yet to actually smoke a Padron Anniversary, spose is should go buy one and light er up eh? Nice review.

-Mark

Great review; got to try one on these bad boys from a purchase off a fellow BOTL here about a month ago and it has become one of my favorite sticks along with almost the whole 1926 maduro line....hummmmm what a great line of cigars.

I love the Padrons. I have a few of these cigars in my humidor for special occassions.

Fyodor said:
[snapback]285918[/snapback]​
Yes and no. My $00.02 is that you start off with some nice 2000's in maduro, to learn what Padron has to offer. Then and only then do you dig into the 64's. After a couple of those, the subtle differences in the 26's are more apparant.

Got to say, as much as I love the "high end" Padron smokes, I still probably smoke a 2000 maddie once or twice a week. Just fantastic smokes for the dollar, IMHO.

Best Regards - B.B.S.