• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 80th

how do they compare to the PMM?
[/quote]

I dont know Frank, Send me a PMM and Ill tell Ya :laugh:

I'll let you know tomorrow once I get them. I hope my expectations aren't too high.

I just ordered mine last week, and it just came, i dont know what special occasion to smoke it on.

Christmas
3 Year Anniversary with the GF
A victory cigar as the Hokies win the Orange Bowl,

Any suggestions?

not doing it. I was let down the last time i bought a 1926 40th anniversary. I refuse to buy into the hype. sorry if i've offended anyone.

not doing it. I was let down the last time i bought a 1926 40th anniversary. I refuse to buy into the hype. sorry if i've offended anyone.

No worries man, not everybody will like every cigar. I do think it's worth trying once, but at the same time I recognize I love anything Padron and am biased.

I did enjoy the 1926 40th anniversary but I don't think it was worth the price tag on it. I would rather get a regular 1926 or 1964 for less.

Smoke what you like.

Not all special releases hit the mark but how many 40th's did you smoke? While I don't much care for the 26 line in general, I never judge anything based on a single experience, way to many variables involved.

i smoked a couple out of the 26 line. I much prefer a good ole 1964 PAM to the 26 line. Hell, I didn't even pay the $30.00 for anything at Casa Fuente when I was there. I just can't see spending 1/3 of a tank of gas in my gas guzzling truck on a cigar.

Now. There are cigars that I will pay $30.00 for, but they aren't brand new hype only cigars and they are very hard to find because they've all been SMOKED, not just limited production. Heck, even super premium Cohiba Siglo VI's and BGM's etc which are "illegal" are cheaper than that when you get gouged. They're almost half that price when you find a reputable vendor. God help us if the cubans start gouging prices like this too.

I just can't see spending that much green on a cigar when I could buy 3 or 4 cigars of other super premium lines. My bet is the padrons and fuentes laugh all the way to the bank when people pay upwards of mid 20's and higher for a cigar.

i guess i have to concede that cost is subjective, but I'm not a poor man. I'm definitely not rich, but I can afford to buy the booze and smokes I want. I just think sometimes people get swept away by hype and have more money than sense. Please don't take that as an insult. Most people here are passionate about their cigars and are not just buying into the hype. I LOVE a great cigar, and I'll pay a lot of money for a GREAT cigar. But I'd prefer to pay less for a great cigar.

Now lets talk about early 90's Lusi's. Now there's a cigar worth that kind of money. You just can't compare them in my opinion.

Again, this is my humble opinion, only worthy of my own thoughts and feelings. if you don't agree, that's your business and I respect your thoughts. Even if you are crazy! ;)

Yumm Yumm

DSC04617.jpg

Welcome to CigarPass cibao, could you go an introduce yourself in the "Introduce Yourself" forum so we could all learn a bit about you? Looks like you've had some great pick ups in the past couple days!!

I picked up a box last week. They're a great smoke. I sold 4 to a couple members here on CP that couldn't get them and kept 4. I may pick up another box next week.

Now. There are cigars that I will pay $30.00 for, but they aren't brand new hype only cigars and they are very hard to find because they've all been SMOKED, not just limited production. Heck, even super premium Cohiba Siglo VI's and BGM's etc which are "illegal" are cheaper than that when you get gouged. They're almost half that price when you find a reputable vendor. God help us if the cubans start gouging prices like this too.

Yeah, I mean geez, imagine if the Cubans started charging $500 per cigar? Now that would be ridiculous gouging!

Now lets talk about early 90's Lusi's. Now there's a cigar worth that kind of money. You just can't compare them in my opinion.

Sure, let's talk about a 1998 Partagas Lusitania that scored an average of 5.7 (on a scale of 1-10), and was bested by a humble, non-aged Perdomo in a blind taste test. :)

Taste varies...

Indeed. Honestly Padrons come about as close to being 'worth it' as anything I have smoked in that range. I would take a Padron Millennium in either wrapper over most EL cubans any day without thinking twice. No reason to have contempt prior to investigation on the 80th

Would like to get 1 or 2 to try soon. I have never had a bad Padron, and these look gooooooooood :thumbs:

I posted this same link in the other thread titled "Padron 80th". I just love this video and if you love Padron, I'm sure you will too. Check it out if you haven't yet...

Padron 80th

mac

I posted this same link in the other thread titled "Padron 80th". I just love this video and if you love Padron, I'm sure you will too. Check it out if you haven't yet...

Padron 80th

mac

Thanks for posting that! I hadn't seen it yet. I found their comments on the spice in cigars very interesting. My tastes are tiring of the spicy cigars at the moment (I've smoked too many of them lately I think), so I think it's about time to fire up a Padron. Maybe I'll pair my last little 1964 with that bottle of Young's Double Chocolate Stout that I just picked up. I read on here somewhere that they go together well.

I asked the B&M across the street if they had any of the 80ths on the way, and he didn't know what I was talking about, so I don't guess I'll be seeing them around me anytime soon. Even if I do, I doubt I'll buy one as I haven't even smoked a 1926 due to the price tag. There's something about the $20 line that I just can't cross. I'll spend $15 all day long, but $20 makes me walk for some reason. I don't know why I can justify 15 but not 20, but that's how it is for me right now.

D

If there is a company out there making cigars that could make one worth this kind of scratch it would be the Padrons IMO. Depending on the limitations of the release these cigars will do what the Milleniums did and they will become very sought after and quite valuable.

And, I'll bet they taste pretty damn good too. :)

I agree with alot of what turk said. The term limited and the hype that goes along with it is putting alittle extra money in someones pocket.I fell into the same hype with the opus that took years to get out of. Eventually I took a step back and said why am I going out of my way and paying twice what I normally do for a cigar that isn't twice as good! But, that's all part of the game and next year they will come out with another anniversary that will be even more "limited" and more expensive. They would be stupid not to. What makes this more expensive than the 40th or the PAM?

This type of marketing goes on everday in order to get every penny they can out of the consumer and it works.My examples:
playstation 3
Nike air Jordans-or any tennis shoe but this is the most extreme
iphone
Blu Ray DVD Players

All of the examples are made over seas for next to nothing but sell for hundreds of dollars in the states. We love something new or limited.Anyway, let me get off my soap box. I hope I haven't offended anyone with my rant I was just thinking and typing. All that matters is that the person is happy with their purchase.

Im smoking a 4oth (M ) right now and I 'd say its worth every penny
But I'm just a Novice :blush:

I agree its all about marketing