• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Event

brian29

Hello Everyone!

I attended a local Padron event last night and it was great! It did not start out too great though. I got there with a friend and the place was packed! We had to wait in line for about 40 minutes just to purchase a cigar. there was a bunch of people crowded around the Padron family as well so my hopes of walking away with a handshake were gone :angry: . We decided to just stick around and smoke the cigars we bought (#9 Nattys) which were amazing by the way. While smoking the cigars someone approaches us from behind and asks us if we are having a good time. I thought it was a shop employee and low and behold it was Jorge Padron! Right away I accomplished my goal of getting a handshake :thumbs: , but he was cool enough to take us around and introduce my friend and I to the whole family! We got to hang out with them for a while! they must be one of the friendliest people I have ever come across. Specially Orlando Sr.! While hanging out with them we smoked a family reserve that was gifted from Jorge. Hands down the best cigar I have ever smoked! So good we had to buy a box.

All in all, what I thought was going to be a disappointing night turned out to be one of my most memorable cigar smoking experiences in my life thanks to the Padron Family!

IMAG0368.jpg

IMAG0369.jpg

IMAG0370.jpg

Brian

I've been fortunate enough to attend events with both Jorge, and his brother. They really are the nicest people you will ever meet in the industry. Happy to answer all your questions, take pictures, sit down and have a cigar with you. I think their cigars are some of the best out there, but even if they were not I would purchase them to support the Padron family. I would love to get a chance to meet Orlando Sr.

I met Jorge a couple of years ago at a shop and he sat down and talked to us for a good hour or so. Great guy and great cigars.

Those are the no. 44s if I am not mistaken, correct? Glad to see you had a great time. I would like to meet them if I ever had the chance.

Those are the no. 44s if I am not mistaken, correct? Glad to see you had a great time. I would like to meet them if I ever had the chance.

Yup! They are no. 44s. I like them a lot better than the 45s. More enjoyable complexity imho.

Brian

I've been fortunate enough to attend events with both Jorge, and his brother. They really are the nicest people you will ever meet in the industry. Happy to answer all your questions, take pictures, sit down and have a cigar with you. I think their cigars are some of the best out there, but even if they were not I would purchase them to support the Padron family. I would love to get a chance to meet Orlando Sr.

Padron event at The Outlaw 2008 is still the highlight of my cigar smoking life. I loved their cigars before, but that experience cemented their place in my humidor for life.

It's too bad Orlando Sr. isn't able to make an Outlaw event. I know the travel would be difficult for him, but I can't believe he wouldn't appreciate every minute of what goes on there (during the event, of course, not 'after hours').

Padron event at The Outlaw 2008 is still the highlight of my cigar smoking life. I loved their cigars before, but that experience cemented their place in my humidor for life.

It's too bad Orlando Sr. isn't able to make an Outlaw event. I know the travel would be difficult for him, but I can't believe he wouldn't appreciate every minute of what ALLEGEDLY goes on there (during the event, of course, not 'after hours').

Fixed it for you Alan :p

Glad the night turned out to be fun for you. Sounds like a good time. Thanks for sharing!

Great story, thanks for sharing! I'm glad you enjoyed the 44; the pic of them looks delightful.

I love the Padron family enough just for quality and consistency of their cigars. It always makes me happy to hear that they are friendly, down-to-earth people as well. I've never heard a bad story about someone meeting them.

It's too bad Orlando Sr. isn't able to make an Outlaw event. I know the travel would be difficult for him, but I can't believe he wouldn't appreciate every minute of what ALLEGEDLY goes on there (during the event, of course, not 'after hours').

Fixed it for you Alan :p

Oh come on, you can admit to hanging out and watching the boxing match with Jorge and smoking a 1926 Serie #1 with him after hours. I just don't know if Orlando would have been able to stay up so late after such a busy day. I know my dad is about the same age and he would have fallen asleep about an hour after the poker tournament.

If you're talking about anything else that may have ALLEGEDLY happened some other time, I'm sorry, I can't help you out. I have no recollection of any other events.

;)

Is there any information on the web that indicates where the next events will be? Personally, I would love the honor of at least shaking the hand.