• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron, Padron Anniversary, Padron 1926

Status
Not open for further replies.
quick question... if you both own billboardtobacco, do you both have tobacco liscences to sell tobacco products? or do you not need the liscence in FL?

In TN you don't need the liscence, but since you supply him with cigars and he re-sells them, then I was just wondering where that would fall...

And while I personally agree 200% with CC, I just wonder what J.C.Newman would think of you re-selling products you receive as being an account holder with them?? I don't think they'd like the fact you are re-selling them to someone that tried selling them for 20-30 a piece... ;)

But please keep clearing the air, the truth sets you free, yada yada yada...

Welcome to CP TobBob!! :thumbs: Why not wander over to the "Introduce yourself here" section and post a little info about yourself.

We are one of the fastest growing and nicest cigar boards on the net! :thumbs: so join in the fun with us!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

EDIT: Oh, no wait, I'm confused, is user name "tobaccoleaf1" the same or different from "TobBob" ??? ??? ???

NO WAIT, the cat stole my password!!! :laugh:

I tried that over on ClubStogie and I'll be a sonofabitch, they didn't buy it and now I'm banned. :( :( :( :(

I am soooooooo confused, I don't know which end is up! :laugh: It seems everytime you explain the relationship between tobaccoleaf1 & billboard tobacco and Ian and Bob and your cousin's father's niece's uncle, it's something different and all I do is get mixed up.

CC your are TFF LMAO

Oh by the way welcome aboard ToBBoob I mean bob :D

seadub said:
So I want to end this right now. I wrote the following PM to Ian after finding out that he doesn't indeed have everything (PAM '26 #6) 'in stock:'

Ian...

I am going to ask you once to let everyone know that you don't have all the Padron 1926s in stock... so someone doesn't place an order (like I did) only to find out you don't have them 'all in stock.'

I'm a little pissed that I feel I was mislead by your site (which showed you had them available, even down to the number). Please be fair and let everyone know.

Thanks

Christopher (aka seadub)
So an honest mistake was made(as was claimed), and you were mislead. Go look up the definition of mislead. Are you for certain you were "properly" deceived? You placed an order that couldn't be fulfilled. Were you charged or was a hold placed against you? No? ??? Hmmm.... You bully someone, but hide under the coats of FOG's. An appology has been given twice, yet your "slander" remains unchecked.

This shit could have been handled differenly by both sides. This is an embarassing moment for CP, all 3 of you are member of. Bob, at least tried to make ammends. You are a tard in my opinion. What else has to happen to make this right and we can drop it?

Emo

As for as the concerns I had, I think Bob has explained himself and I'll place the order I had planned later this month.

CC - You're a really good FOG looking out for everybody and you manage to be quite funny too.

I know my english isn't perfect (far from it) but please excuse me, it's not my native language. :)

TobBob said:
Cat I guess you need me to be more clear. I own Tobacco Leaf. Ian and I both
own Billboardtobacco.  The reason I say Tobacco Leaf supplies Billboard is
that is how the business works.  I’m sure there are other vendors out there advertisingPadrons lower than us. I hope they do they’re best to keep a low profile as it’s against Padrons Policy to sell below their msrp this also applies to Fuente. Don’t take my word for this ask Padron send them an e-mail. Both these companies will also tell the naïve cigar public they frown on gouging(which is in they’re best interest) but are giddy behind  scenes about what some of they’re cigars sell for the reps will start drinking at the conventions and the next thing you know the cigar price fish
stories begin. You may want to try and call us sometimes you might find the price your looking for.
We were getting most of our Padrons from my father and uncle’s wholesale business ( Independent Wholesale please check them out at goiwi.com ) but recently received my own Padron account
which took about three years. This is why some of you may have noticed our selection grew overnight
as my father limited what he sold us because him and my uncle also own 16 tobacco outlets (named Low Ball Louie’s which are located mostly in the Lakeland area of central Florida) he needs to keep stocked with Padrons. This all means I risk my father’s account as well as my own if I advertise Padron prices
to low. I apologized for my remarks which I don’t think means as  much as me just admitting they were stupid. C’mon I read the comments they hit me right in the forehead.  Threatening to not sell in a
free environment that we’ve been successful  in is just plain ignorant and I am guilty it’s not my first.
So this is who we are, we’re not trying to cat and mouse anyone. In our very first attempt to sell Anejos
on Cigar Pass we tried to gouge (So shoot me for trying to be a greedy bastard like I said it wasn’t my first.) but quickly found out  that’s not how things work here and have since respected the overall opinion
on gouging. It does happen at Tobacco Leaf though but not by my doing. Locals will come in that
do respect the house rule of asking permission to look through the non displayed stash (which is
packed inside a box so you can’t see the cigars or they’re boxes) (Someone thought this rule didn’t apply to them because they were a Cigar Pass member. The reason for the rule is so we don‘t sell something on the site and then end up not having it. The humidor is 10 x 10 it’s not like there is a lot of space to hide stuff. ) . Sometimes when this happens and  they want something that has been allocated to the internet they will offer a premium which I gladly share with Ian because I don’t want take away from what he can make by selling them on Billboard. Cat this about the best I can do but doubt it will satisfy.
[snapback]284132[/snapback]​

Damn, I become less and less impressed with you everytime you open your mouth.

It's "their" not "they're" and "he" not "him" and "too" not "to."

For future reference, do you say "him owns" or "he owns"? Sorry I can't give you a quick and easy way for you to determine the "their, they're, there" thing but for cryin' out loud, didn't ya learn that shit in elementary school? :laugh:

Spell checker doesn't fix stupidity, does it? :laugh:

Someone thought this rule didn’t apply to them because they were a Cigar Pass member.

Take that giant sized chip off your shoulder immediately or I'm going to make your stay here an extremely unpleasant one for you.

Where the flock do you get off making a statement like that which is a complete lie? The guy I know whom you verbally abused and badgered on at least two occasions was not a member of this site at the time you mistreated him. He may be now but I'm not sure.

You need to get your facts straight before you post lies.......

emodx said:
seadub said:
So I want to end this right now.  I wrote the following PM to Ian after finding out that he doesn't indeed have everything (PAM '26 #6) 'in stock:'

Ian...

I am going to ask you once to let everyone know that you don't have all the Padron 1926s in stock... so someone doesn't place an order (like I did) only to find out you don't have them 'all in stock.'

I'm a little pissed that I feel I was mislead by your site (which showed you had them available, even down to the number). Please be fair and let everyone know.

Thanks

Christopher (aka seadub)
So an honest mistake was made(as was claimed), and you were mislead. Go look up the definition of mislead. Are you for certain you were "properly" deceived? You placed an order that couldn't be fulfilled. Were you charged or was a hold placed against you? No? ??? Hmmm.... You bully someone, but hide under the coats of FOG's. An appology has been given twice, yet your "slander" remains unchecked.

This shit could have been handled differenly by both sides. This is an embarassing moment for CP, all 3 of you are member of. Bob, at least tried to make ammends. You are a tard in my opinion. What else has to happen to make this right and we can drop it?

Emo
[snapback]284201[/snapback]​

Whoa Emo, have you been drinking or something?

1. seadub NEVER claimed to be "deceived" and I cannot understand why you put quotations around "properly."
2. You accuse seadub of being a bully :laugh: LMFAO, that is ridiculous. :laugh:
3. "Hide under the coats of FOG's" :laugh: another ridiculous statement. :laugh:
4. His "slander" remains unchecked? What slander? Go look up that one in the dictionary and get back to us, okay? :laugh:
5. "This is an embarassing moment for CP, all 3 of you are member of." Emo, Emo, Emo, this sentence makes no sense at all, can you reword it into English?
6. "You are a tard " Now hold on just a minute, now you're resorting to namecalling? Just my opinion but that was completely uncalled for...

Oh I dunno about seadub but I'm not dropping anything so long as this Bob guy continues to post lies and BS.

coventrycat86 said:
emodx said:
seadub said:
So I want to end this right now.  I wrote the following PM to Ian after finding out that he doesn't indeed have everything (PAM '26 #6) 'in stock:'

Ian...

Thanks

Christopher (aka seadub)

Emo

Whoa Emo, have you been drinking or something?

1. seadub NEVER claimed to be "deceived" and I cannot understand why you put quotations around "properly."
2. You accuse seadub of being a bully :laugh: LMFAO, that is ridiculous. :laugh:
3. "Hide under the coats of FOG's" :laugh: another ridiculous statement. :laugh:
4. His "slander" remains unchecked? What slander? Go look up that one in the dictionary and get back to us, okay? :laugh:
5. "This is an embarassing moment for CP, all 3 of you are member of." Emo, Emo, Emo, this sentence makes no sense at all, can you reword it into English?
6. "You are a tard " Now hold on just a minute, now you're resorting to namecalling? Just my opinion but that was completely uncalled for...

Oh I dunno about seadub but I'm not dropping anything so long as this Bob guy continues to post lies and BS.
[snapback]284223[/snapback]​
1. I never said he was deceived. Read again.
2. To me, it came off as being a bit bullyish, much like you come off to people. If I can intrepret it like that, perhaps others might also. It certainly didn't come off as tame.
3. My point is he had a good bit to do in this, but instead of letting it go, he made this post. He was never called out by name for his post. Yet he wanted to take the, "Oh pity on me" road.
4.Slander is quotes because I couldn't think of a better word. My specialty is being a sailor and an Electronics Technician, not an English professor. LOL
5. Like I said, not a professor nor a writer. But I can live with that. Call me on it if you want. :blush:
6. Yeah, I called him a tard. But not in a slanderous way. More of an exclamation. I'll retract it and appologize if his feelings are hurt.

Not asking you to drop anything there Bill. Nor am I defending him. So fire away at Bob, he definately has it coming.
E

coventrycat86 said:
I tried that over on ClubStogie and I'll be a sonofabitch, they didn't buy it and now I'm banned. :( :( :( :(

You act like you are missing something... you got the secert decoder ring so hush up! :laugh: :p :sign:

Kayak license info is public feel free to look it up. The next time I see Bobby or Eric Newman (Which have known my family over 30 years) I’ll be sure to ask them how they feel about your concerns. They’ll probably roll their eyes but I’ll ask. Feel free to call or e-mail yourself I’m sure P.R. will tell you what you want to hear as that’s their (Thanks Cat) purpose. The way I read your comments it sound like you might want to try and put stress on my relationship with J.C. Newman. Have at it I won’t lose any sleep. It’s just a shame you guys can’t let things go isn’t it getting old.

Cat thanks for the lesson I should know how to use their and they’re and the word to or too but I didn’t and I can live with that. I’m very proud of my family and my family’s history you can even see my beautiful great grandmother on our La Famosa brand. Her name is Nunciada Noriega. Send us( IAN AND I) a p.m. and I’ll send you some free samples they’re rolled for us by Altadis. It’s obvious I won’t gain your approval of being a class act dealer on the Pass and I can live with that. I just want to know if you as tough face to face as your are on a computer because your buddy isn’t the last time I saw him his lip was quivering.
Good thing he has you to stand up for him.

So with that I’m out of here and if every thing isn’t clear now so be it. I just can’t get my jollies typing insults back and forth on a computer don’t see the point it’s kinda weak. To the rest of you I now promise to not respond to this thread anymore so Cat get your last dig so you can feel good about yourself.

TobBob said:
Kayak license info is public feel free to look it up. The next time I see Bobby or Eric Newman (Which have known my family over 30 years) I’ll be sure to ask them how they feel about your concerns. They’ll probably roll their eyes but I’ll ask. Feel free to call or e-mail yourself I’m sure P.R. will tell you what you want to hear as that’s their (Thanks Cat) purpose. The way I read your comments it sound like you might want to try and put stress on my relationship with J.C. Newman. Have at it I won’t lose any sleep. It’s just a shame you guys can’t let things go isn’t it getting old.

Cat thanks for the lesson I should know how to use their and they’re and the word to or too but I didn’t and I can live with that. I’m very proud of my family and my family’s history you can even see my beautiful great grandmother on our La Famosa brand. Her name is Nunciada Noriega. Send us( IAN AND I) a p.m. and I’ll send you some free samples they’re rolled for us by Altadis. It’s obvious I won’t gain your approval of being a class act dealer on the Pass and I can live with that. I just want to know if you as tough face to face as your are on a computer because your buddy isn’t the last time I saw him his lip was quivering.

So with that I’m out of here and if every thing isn’t clear now so be it. I just can’t get my jollies typing insults back and forth on a computer don’t see the point it’s kinda weak. To the rest of you I now promise to not respond to this thread anymore so Cat get your last dig so you can feel good about yourself.
[snapback]284328[/snapback]​

Huh. If you can't get your jollies typing insults back and forth then you should have just not said anything, in which case you would not have just pissed off or potentially lost some more customers. It's too bad you just had to try and have the last word. Everything, in my opinion, was as right as it was going to get, however now you're digging...

TobBob said:
It’s obvious I won’t gain your approval of being a class act dealer on the Pass and I can live with that. I just want to know if you as tough face to face as your are on a computer because your buddy isn’t the last time I saw him his lip was quivering.

[snapback]284328[/snapback]​

Wow. Bob wants to rumble with CC now. It's the classic case of "ITG" or "Internet Tough Guy". LMAO. This thread has taken off into amazing directions that noone could have forseen at the start. My money's on the cat!

P.S. I feel good about myself for taking one last kick at Bob. :cool:

Gonz said:
Huh. If you can't get your jollies typing insults back and forth then you should have just not said anything, in which case you would not have just pissed off or potentially lost some more customers. It's too bad you just had to try and have the last word. Everything, in my opinion, was as right as it was going to get, however now you're digging...
[snapback]284339[/snapback]​

Gonz it's customer service at it's best. Bob doesn't want to alienate his customers so he comes on here to trash his customers with the classic "if you don't like it then don't buy from me". Then he throws down the "let's see if you're as tough in person as you are behind a computer monitor" line. That's straight out of 'Good Customer Service 101'. It's how all the great corporations built up a loyal following for years -- if you don't like their methods they'll challenge you to a fight! :thumbs:

I once bought from Bob, I shall no longer do so. I hope Bob doesn't challenge me to a rumble, I'm a lover not a fighter.

Ian was doing just fine as a retailer, till you opened your mouth... ;)

And you never answered the question, you just told me to go look it up for myself... Your responses are just as expected. ;)

Ive been reading this thread for a few days now and I am really amazed that Bob doesn't know when to keep quiet.
Ive been in retail my entire career, and I personally think "the customer is never wrong!", but they sometimes can be MISTAKEN ! If you treat them with respect, and politely show them HOW they were mistaken, you will have a loyal customer forever.
Thats just IMHO ! :thumbs: As a newb !

emodx said:
seadub said:

Ian...

Thanks

Christopher (aka seadub)

Emo

Emo...

with all due respect (and i don't believe for a minute that the number of posts a member makes should determine anyone's right to respect, and feel really sorry for any SOB that believes otherwise)... I did attempt to handle this in PM/email only and in PRIVATE.

I used somewhat harsh language in my first PM and email to Ian... Ian apologized and I accepted and let it go. And I do apologize to Ian and have apologized to the CP board (look back at my posts in this thread). Bob chimed in and called me out. Bob took a private matter public. He could have kept it private, and honestly I would have just let it go. I cooled down and then after hearing from Ian I really didn't care anymore. Bob's rant was out-of-line and other members of the CP board picked right up on it.

I only wanted them to let everyone know that certain cigars were not available (period). Bob acknowledged that their website is not perfect and not able to distinguish between certain types (Nat and Mad) of cigars. So what's wrong with demanding they fix a problem, or even better (and simpler), warn their customers that they don't have everything in stock? Who's website is it? Don't you think that they have a responsibility to their customers?

Bob didn't make ammends to me... he told me to take my business elsewhere in his 'mea culpa' post. And I am and have happily taken my business elsewhere. Ian has lots of supporters here and I do hope that his peeps stay loyal to him.

There was only a hold on my card and it's now off... thank you Tobacco Leaf, I do appreciate it's removal.

And the fact that other FOG's have decided to voice their own (respected) opinions is not up to me. And i'm don't need to hide behind anyone. I'm capable of sticking up for myself at all times. Me asking (demanding) that Billboard let us (all of CP) know what's acutally available, instead of saying 'all in stock' is not out-of-line. It's called R-E-S-P-E-C-T for your customer. As someone in sales I don't offer product I don't have. That's not good business period.

But don't go slamming me for what I said in private to begin with. You're very right this could and should have been handled differently.

As far as you referring to me as a 'tard.' Well... all I can say is that when anyone says something to me I just consider the source... nuff said. :D

and Emo... thanks for your advice on my humidor post... it helped a lot :)

WOW, welcome to CP. Good stuff for us Newbies, public name calling and bashing on all sides. I thought I was joining a group of BOTL'S, maybe I was mistaken?

puffstuff said:
WOW, welcome to CP. Good stuff for us Newbies, public name calling and bashing on all sides. I thought I was joining a group of BOTL'S, maybe I was mistaken?
[snapback]284449[/snapback]​

Blow-outs like this happen at every forum on the internet.

My advice to you is count the good threads here and subtract the bad threads like this one from them...

Still thousands of good threads left isn't there ;)

Another word of advice I can offer is, if you don't like a thread, ignore it. the bad ones always disappear after a few day anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.