• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Principe maduro

fenian'98

Last week I picked up ten of these at $9 a piece. A nice maduro firecracker at 4 1/2 by 46. I love Padron's of all sizes, but in the past didn't care for this vitola too much. Back in my inexperienced days I tended to hotbox 'em and the Principe is just too small to allow me to get away with misconduct like that. But, being the fair guy I am decided to give it another shot. I enjoyed this at a local smoke shop with plush leather couches and a big screen playing today's Yankees Tigers game. I sat back and prepared myself for sensory overload.

The wrapper is silky smooth and toothy, with no large veins. I cut the slightest amount of the head off with my Palio. Pre light draw was smooth as I expect from my Padrons. I toasted the foot with one of the lounges cheap torches being that my Colibri Trifecta has been on the fritz. This bad boy lit with ease. Anticipation for this moment has been building all day. I brought it to my lips and drew in the first tasty puff of smoke. Just like all other Padron Anny's the smoke was plentiful. The owner smiled as I let out a cloud of blue-grey heaven. A nice medium to full bodied cigar, with hints of rich dark roast coffee. The cigar burnt perfectly, it needed no touch ups all the way through. The draw was smooth but not loose or sloppy. I let the ash build to a little over an inch before tapping it off. If I was home I would have let it just fall in my lap, but I didn't want to do that on this guys leather couch. I smoked it all the way down to my fingers, and let it go out on its own. Just when I thought this experience couldn't get any better, I watched as the Yankees lose 4-3 to tie the series at a game a piece. Now if only my Mets can go up 2-0 tonight.

Great Review of one of my favorite smokes.

Side note of the game, nothing like getting smacked in the Knee with a ball...ouch!

I agree, great little smoke. However, anymore (particularly with Don Pepin in full force) I'm having trouble justifying the expense very often but when I do spring for one... mmmmmmm! :love:

Great vitola. I can't wait to try it in maduro. Nice review.

I really love these but I wish I could find something similar for a lower price. I would love to have a stock of the principes but whenever its time to buy I find myself reaching for a diplomatico or exclusivo to get more bang for my buck. One of my favorite smokes regardless

I really love these but I wish I could find something similar for a lower price. I would love to have a stock of the principes but whenever its time to buy I find myself reaching for a diplomatico or exclusivo to get more bang for my buck. One of my favorite smokes regardless

I definitely agree. I used to buy a lot of principes, but now like you, I'd rather put my eight bucks towards a bigger smoke. If I could get these little guys for 5-6 bucks (in Maduro), then I'm sure I would keep an ample supply of them in my humi.

With all of this talk about principes, I might have to bust one out tonight (I always keep a few on hand). ;)

Went to a new B&M getting ready for the weekend and found they had most of the '64 line in stock so picked up a few of those plus some Tatties Havanna VI's, OWR RP's, an ESG, LFD Limitado II and some Litto Gomez. Nice to have a well stocked shop in this neck of the woods.

'64 Principe maduro - smoked in the shop's lounge watching CNN. This may have been a little moist. The store was trying to get their humidication system in sync and some of the cabinets were a little off. Think this may have been running at 69% and at 69@F. The little cigar started erratically but corrected itself within an inch. Not overpowering you but just an amazin tide of dark rich chocolate just sort of come over the top of the cigar at its midpoint. Nice way to spend an hour. Will dry out its cousins and see if I can write something in the near future.