• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Palio Cutters

I got the original,the black one.
Although it was a gift that was the one I would buy for me because it doesn't look kitschy like the burl one.Also why to pay more for just a colored plastic with the same blades?

WTF is "kitschy"?? Is that good or bad?

Although it was a gift that was the one I would buy for me because it doesn't look kitschy like the burl one.Also why to pay more for just a colored plastic with the same blades?

All of the Palios are identical, they call cut the same. The only difference is the finish. If you're looking for a versatile cutter, go Palio.

Hey Rod -

Is there a difference in the feel or weight of the burl over the composite? I'll probably buy this from you when I decide...I hate making these decisions thru mail order!

Thanks!

~ t

All of the Palios are identical, they call cut the same. The only difference is the finish. If you're looking for a versatile cutter, go Palio.

Hey Rod -

Is there a difference in the feel or weight of the burl over the composite? I'll probably buy this from you when I decide...I hate making these decisions thru mail order!

Thanks!

~ t

Max,

I just weighed the Black, Silver and Carbon Fiber and they all weigh 1oz.

The black has a matte look. Silver and Gold are a bit shinier and the Burl and Carbon have a nice smooth shiny finish.

Mark

Thank you for the effort and info sir! Much appreciated!

~ t

Hey Rod -

Thanks!

~ t

Max,

I just weighed the Black, Silver and Carbon Fiber and they all weigh 1oz.

The black has a matte look. Silver and Gold are a bit shinier and the Burl and Carbon have a nice smooth shiny finish.

Mark

If you take a look at my posts in this thread- Palio has unreal customer service IF you ever need it.

I got the Burl model as a gift and I love it. It is nice and light and it gives a great smooth cut.

I originally started with a Xikar and I loved it, then I got a Palio. Like others have mentioned in other posts the Xikar would cut a little step in my cigars unless I laid the Xikar on a table and cut it that way. Not a major thing but I noticed it enough that it bothered me. I have no problems with my Palio, which I got in black. Coupled with the pb 207 torch lighter that I got for xmas based off suggestions here, those are my go to herfing tools.

Haven't used my Xikar since I've purchased a Palio. Can't beat it.

Get a punch! :p
Which punch do you use King?

Swissarmycigarpunch.jpg

I have been looking for a nice cutter, I might look into one of these Palio's, I like the look. I have heard good things about Xikar, but like the design of these better

WTF is "kitschy"?? Is that good or bad?

:laugh:
kitschy=to colored for my taste.
For me its a bad thing that is why I would go with the black one.

I have a Xikar that I like very much. But I wish I would have tried the Palio before I bought my Xikar. I think I might have liked that design better.

My humble $.02.

I can't say which cutter is better. I was given a Xikar, so that's what I use. I've grown accustomed to it, and a Palio might feel "foreign" to me.

I will say, most certainly purchase from CigarSwag. I just purchased a hygrometer and the shipping was darn near instantaneous.

My $.02.

Ray