• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Panacea Black Label Maduro Perfecto Cigar Review

[SIZE=medium]I finally managed to work the Black Label into the rotation last night.  Okay... okay, I really just didn't want to intrude on my hour or two, or three of  decompression time.  Instead of using my iPhone app to record my thoughts on this cigar I took the laptop out and typed the specifics as I was smoking.  [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]I think I liked this method better since it didn't take me quite as long to finish the review.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I really appreciate Rod giving me the chance to try the Red and Black.  Not only did I confirm that doing reviews isn't my cup of tea.  I found a cigar to put in to the rotation.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Brand:  Panacea[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Blend: Black[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Size: Perfecto[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Age: Unknown[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Paired with: A tasty Abita Abby Ale Bomber.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Appearance:  The construction is nice.  The wrapper has a barber pole effect that is interesting.  I don’t know if it is specific to Panacea or other brands have the look but I haven’t noticed.  Seems like I would have noticed though.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Right after removing the cello it had that distinct “barnyard” cc aroma, mmm.  I don’t normally get that from nc cigars.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Cut:  It cut cleanly just like the Red.  It took a second cut to get to the draw I prefer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Initial Flavors:  There’s some sweetness in the initial cold draw.  My roommate thought it was fruity.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]First 1/3:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The cigar lit reasonably well. Not much in the first few puffs but I don’t usually find first few puffs of a cigar very good.  It may be my lighting method.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I’m getting a pretty even burn at around the one inch mark with no touch ups until I put it down to write.  I’m still not getting too much flavor wise.  I’m putting it in the medium category at this point.  The body of the smoke is pretty light.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Second 1/3:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The cigar has improved now that I’m in the second third.  I guess the best I can do is… smoother.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Final 1/3:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]I’m definitely liking this cigar.  I’m not picking up any specific flavors but I’m getting some spiciness that has added a little variety to this stick. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I managed to take this one down to about a half inch.  Smoke time was about 2 hours. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I’ll be picking up a fiver of these at some point.  It will be interesting to see how they improve as they age.[/SIZE]

My review:

I got to smoke this stick this past weekend on a Sunday evening.

Panacea Black Perfecto

Pre light aroma of sweet cocoa and earth. Appearance, chocolate brown maduro wrapper. Feel is firm yet light in hand. Cold draw, sweet tobacco, sweet cocoa, draw is open, but not overly so. First puffs are of sweet wood and raisin, kinda reminds me of a casa magna Colorado robusto. Smoke has a whiskey like aroma, FANTASTIC! Slight green spice, more present on the retrohale are the green spice and whiskey. Spice transitions in back to cinnamon/nutmeg. Smoke is plentiful, ash is light grey and solid. Sweet wood and sweet spice are the dominant flavors I get. The whiskey like flavor remains, now in the background.

2nd third starts with toasted tobacco and sweet cedar in background with a cocoa powder aroma. Sweet cedar and cocoa are now present, aroma is almost syrup like. Spice is now mild and in the background. Cigar is very mild at this point heading into final 3rd.

Entering final 3rd mostly mild tobacco and an herbal like quality. Whiskey like flavor is in the background. Aroma of sweetness with roasted coffee. Green flavor still present but not as strong. Cedar in the mix, whiskey like flavor still present with green herbal like flavor still present as well. Aroma of sweet cedar, raisin flavor in the background and mild tobacco finish.

Great smoke

Smoking time 1hour

Never harsh or bitter,

I give this stick a 4 out of 5.

Full flavored, medium strength.

Would recommend.

Pics below:

- See more at: http://s38.photobucket.com/user/aztlandjz/media/image-4.jpg.html#sthash.7F7coP66.dpuf

- See more at: http://s38.photobucket.com/user/aztlandjz/media/image-5.jpg.html#sthash.bB4pO8gS.dpuf

- See more at: http://s38.photobucket.com/user/aztlandjz/media/image-6.jpg.html#sthash.KNwtMG8p.dpuf

I'll try and get a review up soon, but I will tell you this is miles beyond the red label. I really liked this smoke! Great flavor and burn.

Thanks Rod for this opportunity to try something new.