• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pappy Van Winkle 20 yr.old Family Reserve

I would like two bottles if anyone cares to help in locating them.

One for a gift and one for the cabinet.

Put in an order with the local but we'll see.

Thanks in advance!

Dave.

I got to touch a few boxes of bottles at the distillery last month, but alas no retail sales. :( :sign:

The guy from my local said all the Van Winkle expressions go into a drawing to see who gets a chance to buy- one bottle per customer.

The guy from my local said all the Van Winkle expressions go into a drawing to see who gets a chance to buy- one bottle per customer.

Julio's Liquors in Westborough, MA usually has a good stock around release.

Yeah, they are the ones that do the drawings for a chance to purchase.

A drawing? Not sure if I like that. Don't get me wrong, it's fair and eliminates the perception of playing favorites, but still...

I don't like it either. I think it's a Boston thing. The Red Sox, Pats and Bruins all do it for some ticket sales. So the store does it to create some kind of buzz.

I don't know.

I'd like to score a bottle or two of the 15 (and maybe one 20) myself.

Things aren't looking good for me. My usualls all came up with zippo again. I have missed the VW releases for 2 years running and have an empty spot in my cabinet where the beautifull PVW 15 used to rest. :angry:

Thankfully, I have acquired a few extra bottles of Stagg and Weller to hold me over.

Looks like I found one. I wasn't able to get mey hands on the 15 but, did win the "privaledge" to purchase a bottle of the 20yo from Julio's lottery.

I'm gonna have to use your closeness to Julio's sometime. :whistling:

Looks like I found one. I wasn't able to get mey hands on the 15 but, did win the "privaledge" to purchase a bottle of the 20yo from Julio's lottery.

I'm gonna have to use your closeness to Julio's sometime. :whistling:

Feel free, I am about 40min away but make the trip 3-4 times a year. This would give me an excuse to go myself. :D

In fact. I was there Tuesday to pick up the bottle of PVW20. Also grabbed a bunch of their selected bourbons.

I brought back:
-PVW20
-OWA 107 Signature Bottling
-Elmer T Lee Signature Bottling
-Four Roses CS SB (i forget the # but, it was bottled at 59.7% and is damn good, I popped it last night)
-Four Roses Limited Edition SB
-Bernheim Signature Bottling.
-Blantons Signature Bottling

I popped the 4R CS and it was delicious as expected. I also tried the Bernhiem as it was recommended by Ryan the owner. It has a very nice profile and a lot of potential, I just wish it was bottled at 95-105 proof instead of the 90. Seemed a little too tame for me but, I am sure some will find it exceptional.

Ray I will be sure to keep you in mind and shoot you a PM prior to my next trip.

Just found a bottle of 20yr old down here in Texas. Now it's in my house. Going to see what all the hype is. :)