• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Parrot Pass 2010 AKA One Particular Beedog Pass

rock%2Bboobs%2Breal.jpg

Thank you Gary! I needed that after a USA loss!

I tell you what...I am only passing my year mark here soon, so I will pass on the Frank and hope for some luck in the BST forum with my Bday coming up. I will leave the Frank trade up to someone else. No worries :thumbs:

So P/Ts:
Take: Boli PC / Put: Monte Petite Edmundo
Take: Oliva Series V Maduro Torp / Put: DPG Blue Generosos
Take: Anejo 46 / Put: Anejo 55

Approved?

I guess I'm unclear on why the Frank for Drac isn't even. They were both $13 a stick and limited # run in the monster series correct? 666 boxes of the Franks, and what 1300 boxes of the Drac. I mean, I guess if we're getting that technical on the rarity then yes, but when you get into production runs that small, what is the rarity cutoff?

As far as the Tat robustos, I would say no to that as a put for most anything. They are free giveaways, and I've yet to see them for sale from a vendor anywhere.

All of this is just my opinion, which doesn't count for much either.

Excellent point, however there was twice as many Tat Dracs as there was Tat Franks. To me that is huge. That combined with the Franks coming out over a year ago makes the rarity quite different. Not that it matters a ton, but do an ISO for Franks and see if it is easy to get them. On the other hand do a search for the Dracs and see if they can be had. Honestly the Boris is even tough to get and there was a 1000 boxes of them made. Just my .02. Just wanted to clarify my thinking on it.

Jim

Well, yes and no. Franks are going to be harder to get because yes there were less of them, and having been out over a year and a half a lot of them are going to be smoked up. An Opus from 2000 will be harder to find than one from 2009 just based on the nature of this hobby. Also, we both know that the Frank was a superior cigar to the Drac, and with the other Drac issues, they are going to be easier to get in an ISO. I'm not sure that desirability makes rarity(yes, that phrase makes sense in my head even if no one else agrees.) :laugh:

I guess in my opinion when you get down to cigars that were made in quantities as low as the monster series a few hundred boxes doesn't seem like a huge rarity difference to me. The Outlaw has a cigar commissioned every year by LFD, and they get 40 boxes. Does that make them ultra rare, and only a cigar in lower quantity could be put for one? I guess that's why the pass host has final say on that kind of stuff. In my pass I would allow it, in your pass you may not.

Phil, as for the Tat Black robusto, your thinking makes more sense than mine. I guess using the "next closest cigar" as a measure of value is the best option. Is there a way to assign rarity to cigars like that?

Tough in this case. I know this will sound cliche but for some of this stuff (not in this pass in particular but in general) it is sort of "if you don't know what the right thing is to put you probably don't have it." That one off opus stuff, like a Boa Constrictor or a In Between the Lines, imo you would have probably have to either put some other one of a kind fuente rarity for it or something absurd value/rarity wise (like a freakshow rare Cuban). In this case as it is a relatively frequently distributed special event stick from a desirable marca, I could imagine other similar sticks being put to account for rarity. Like a couple of years ago Brad put a special one off Litto Gomez A that was a special handout in for some similar cigar irrc. Another example might be one of the event cigars Pepin rolls sometimes. Not particularly rare but can only be had at certain events and is from a desirable marca.

I had a parrot. The parrot talked, but it did not say "I'm hungry," so it died.

Dead Parrot is in its coffin and on its way to John who is ready to receive (insert joke from Gary).

DC# 0309 2880 0001 9611 0002

Thanks again for letting me play!

Pass arrived safe. I wanted to trade for the Cohiba Lancero, but after firing it up and taking a couple of puffs, it didn't taste as good as I thought it would. So I put that one back.

T: GoF 2005
P: Opus Shark (2009)

T: HUpmann Magnum 50
P: Anejo #77 (2009)

I'll get up with Leo tomorrow at the shop and get his P/T.

-John

Pass arrived safe. I wanted to trade for the Cohiba Lancero, but after firing it up and taking a couple of puffs, it didn't taste as good as I thought it would. So I put that one back.

-John

The sharks MSRP is less then the Mag 50 with that and the fact that is also a domestic for non i don't think this will work just my 2 cents lets see what others think.

I looked at some places online and the Mag50 ran around $9 (this is for the regular, not the EL, btw). Vitolas listed MSRP on the Shark at $10.50.

Ran the trade by Phil and he was fine with it (NC for C). If my number are wrong, though, I'll trade something else.

-John

The sharks MSRP is less then the Mag 50 with that and the fact that is also a domestic for non i don't think this will work just my 2 cents lets see what others think.

Not sure where you are getting that information but a 2 second search shows the Mag50 averaging around $8.5 a stick and can be found as low as $7 if you want. The shark not only outweighs it in terms of price but it's got it on rarity as well since the shark is released only once a year typically. As for the CC vs. NC debate I'm not sure that apply's in this pass as I'm still not sure we have rules.

How about we ask the person who put it in what they paid?

We try so had to get close to an 'msrp' but in a lot of cases it may just be as simple as asking...'what's the value?'

BTW - the Mag 50's can be had for under $10 (and had been for sale for under $8)...so it looks right!

thumbs-up.gif

I think the Shark for Mag 50 is reasonable enough. If people are going to put a NC for C I just expect some forethought into what they are putting, as there is an inherent liability involved with non-domestic cigars that warrants a little respect. I.e., don't put in a rocky patel 1990 for a Boli GM and harp about msrp, that is stupid. As far as the other trade is it a coffin release opus shark or one of the new box release ones? I don't know what the msrp is on the production opus sharks that were recently sold so maybe someone with some knowledge can chime in and wrap that up.

The Opus Shark is one of the regular production smokes that came out this past year. I paid ~$28 for it, so was figuring MSRP would be close enough to cover the $22 of the GoF ($22 coming from what I found online). Or is the GoF far more than that b/c of the coffin? How much did you pay for it?

If it's flaky, I'll scratch it. No biggie, just need a yes or no from someone that owns a parrot.

If it's a no, I'll change my first P/T to
T: DPG Blue Generosos ($7.80 @ Serious)
P: La Flor Dominicana Air Bender Guerrero ($7.75 @ Serious).

You are right on with the GoF pricing, just dunno about the shark. Anyone know if he got raped on the shark or that is standard pricing?

i read that the MSRP for the shark is around $10 but a good price is around $15

You are right on with the GoF pricing, just dunno about the shark. Anyone know if he got raped on the shark or that is standard pricing?

He got snaked on the shark!

...but what was the tax rate?

John, just take the GoF and leave the Opus Shark....I'll overput for the right reason!

lol... bit by the shark. I see Emerson's had a 5-pack for $90 (out of stock now, of course), so that'd put 'em at $18. I don't know what taxes are here, but they aren't particularly low.

So...

T: H. Upmann Magnum 50

T: DPG Blue Generosos
P: LFD Air Bender Guerrero

Passed off to Leo, so you should see P/T from him soon.

I checked back with the shop here and I was WAY off on the Opus Shark price. Thanks for calling me on it; I was certainly confused. I'm sorry for offering up such a lopsided trade.

-John

Take: Tatuaje T110
Put: Tatuaje SW Maduro

Take: DPG Black Lancero
Put: Opus XXX

I hope these work.

Thanks again Phil for letting me in on the fun!