• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Black Label Maximo

psyktek

Frugal Old Fart!
Picked up two of these cedar-lined tubos from a display box that appeared in my local shop's humi last week. It was labeled "Sneak Preview", so how could I resist? Especially given that I'm very fond of the Partagas Black Label to begin with.

If you're a fan of the Spanish cedar treatment you'll love these but, personally, I think this particular cedar is a little overpowering. In fact the second of the two is now out of its tube and resting in the humi.

That aside, this is a very interesting smoke. I used my punch, found a nice, light draw. This firmed up as the moisture from the burning tobacco moved up the shaft. Burned well, uneven at one point but corrected itself without touchup. Nice volume of fragrant, peppery smoke, only became harsh at the last inch. Aroma was also peppery, like what you get when you sniff a jar of quality peppercorns, with a floral undertone. Medium finish. Creamy, mocha flavor in the mouth.

The interesting part, to me, is that this is a very accessible cigar for the new maduro smoker, while offering enough complexity and interest for the established fan. At $6.50, this is worth picking up a couple if your shop has them to try out. Oh, the vitola is corona/robusto, about 46-48x6.5.

I think Partagas has a winner with this one.

Abner's World has 'em for 83.95 with shipping.

no connection, yadayadayada..... :D