• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Serie P #2

smithrob75

I went in w/ a buddy and got a box of 10 for pretty cheap. I like the shape but have smoked many a Serie D #4 that I was unimprssed with I wasn't sure what to think. This cigar has completly blown me away, very very good for a young cigar (06 box code) and I only gave it a week in the humi. Easy clip, great draw, great construction, awesome flovors.. I can't wait to age these !!!

I have 3 of them from a early 06 box. Fired one up about a month ago. Was impressed with the flavours, but the smoke produce was little. Can't wait to age these babies.

This is great news, thanks for the heads up. :D :p

I know I know, it's a dumb post. I just mention that because so many of my 06 box codes have been a little dissapointing. You literally have to give the Series D #4 2 years before they get good. These, I've heard, are more consistent than the Monte #2.

I'm not a fan of the D4's either, but the P2's are AMAZING and they are made to be smoked "young" too much age on these are said to be a bad thing.

I'm not a fan of the D4's either, but the P2's are AMAZING and they are made to be smoked "young" too much age on these are said to be a bad thing.

??? How do people know too much age on these is a bad thing? "Aged" PSP2s only have 1.5 years on them. Granted, they do smoke well young but I feel this will only get better with age.

I read your post yesterday and busted one out in the morning :)
Mine was from a Oct 05 box. Very tasty stick, thanks for the reminder!

These are young smokes, first released 2004 (I think). Anyone know if these
go through a sick stage? Mine are still smoking great just short of one year and that's usually the time frame to watch for sick to start.

Brian

go through a sick stage? Mine are still smoking great just short of one year and that's usually the time frame to watch for sick to start.

Brian

I believe these were first released Jan/Feb 2005.

Brian

I believe these were first released Jan/Feb 2005.

So the first boxes were from a 2004 harvest?

Brian

I made a mistake, these are from NOV 05.. Still a good cigar. I love these 10 count boxes, I wish everyone did them.

I have to chime in and say that, though I hate some of the discontinuations happening at Habanos, so far the regular line additions that have replaced some of these by-gone favorites have been impressive. Both the PSP#2 and the RyJ Short Churchill have absolutely astounded me with their quality and complexity so fresh from the factory. Word on another board is that there will be more sizes to replace those that are being discontinued and I can only hope they are as good as these newer offerings from Habanos...at least that would lessen the blow.

I've had a couple of '06s this week. Great spice and flavor, but the draws were a little tight, which I attribute to being a little too wet. Nothing a little time at a lower humidity won't cure. :D

Just had one yesterday. Absolutely gorgeous! Stick was a little bit hesitant at first half inch (probably it did not have enough time to nap - I was way too anxious to try it): somewhat crooked burn, tight draw and not a lot of smoke, but then it opened up and when it did.... oh my!

I managed to snag a couple of these babies, oh my, what a tasty stick! They can only get better. :love: :cool:

Wilkey hooked me on these and I haven't looked back. Not being a fan of the D4 I was a little hesitant at first, but this has become my fave Topredo.

I have a good story about the P2. In mid 2004 in one of my trips to ISOM I noticed that Taboada was rolling a lot of torpedos which is an unusual vitola for him. I had hardly see him roll any torpedos since I knew him back in '01. I asked him about it and he said that they were experimenting with a new torpedo for a new line. I was excited and drilled him for more info but he stayed tight-lipped about the brand. The torpedos at that time were ok but nothing earth shattering. I voiced my opinion and he agreed. He said they needed to play with the blend a little more.

In Early '05 I took a friend to the new La Corona factory and LLerena, the number 2 there, gave us a tour and at the end of the tour he gave us each a bundle of 20 torpedos and told us that these were going to be the new Serie P #2. I told him about the story with Taboada and he confirmed that indeed they were working on the blend then and Taboada had a lot of input on it. I was very excited to be privileged enough to try something that wasn't even out yet.

Three months later the Serie P was introduced commercially. But I have to be honest, the original blend was a phenomenal cigar for as young as it was. The newer ones are nice but nothing compare to that first batch we had. My buddy and I are still talking about that and the tour became a memorable visit for us.

The P2 is my go to ISOM smoke! Now the Monte 2 from 06 are smoking well, but the P2 is currently just awesome!