• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Patriot Woes Getting interesting

jfields

Where did all my money go?
Saw this story this morning.

Yesterday I read this story about Sen. Arlen Specter, and Goodell. Looks like he's not happy with the way Roger Goodell handled the Spygate investigation. Destroying evidence intentionally seems to be among the implications.
Amazing how this seems to be an even bigger story now that the season is over.

Do you think this will go away, or is the poop about to hit the fan?

Saw this story this morning.

Yesterday I read this story about Sen. Arlen Specter, and Goodell. Looks like he's not happy with the way Roger Goodell handled the Spygate investigation. Destroying evidence intentionally seems to be among the implications.
Amazing how this seems to be an even bigger story now that the season is over.

Do you think this will go away, or is the poop about to hit the fan?
Who cares at this point? I mean, is the NFL not a privately owned business consisting of 32 ownership groups? Why does the government feel the need to stick their nose in something that has no bearing on the well being of the United States. Between this and the steriods, it's really starting to get rediculous. Seems to me, there are plenty of other things the people in Washington need to be focusing on instead of the welfare of sports. JMO though.

Oh I agree with you on that one. I wonder why they can keep wasting all of the taxpayer dollars on these Congressional Hearings for sports, and building perjury cases against athletes, ect.

Thing is, I think once again, our government, and everyone else wants to make an example of the Patriots. Nobody likes you when you are on top for too long.

A couple of things about all this Congressional stuff going on, if I may. (I also apologize in advance if this is consider taboo discussing a semi-political topic). I find it ironic that these Congress people are going after professional athletes/teams/trainers, for delving in the the grey areas of their sports. How many of these Congress people involved in these investigations have been involved in receiving inappropriate benefits from lobby groups, or have been involved in such things as saving and loan scandals, shady real estate deals, etc. Now they are on their moral high horse about cheating in sports. I find it all a little humorous.

As far as baseball and football are concerned, cheating has been going on for decades, and while I don't like it, I'm tired of hearing about it. I'm fine with these sports, even with Congress' help, cleaning themselves up and getting rid of the cheating elements, but honestly I don't want to hear anymore about who did and didn't cheat. While the actions of players like Clemens and Bonds are reprehensible, these were also the guys I loved watching play. Sure my hero worship may be somewhat misguided, I hate seeing my heros destroyed. How many others are there like me that have had the sport they love destroyed with all of this stuff going on now.

I still love sports, especially baseball, but right now I have a bad taste in my mouth about sports in general.

I don't think they should push this issue to far, the Pats are not the only team taping. How about after the Jets said the Pats were spying they got caught with a camera without permission. Also I read today that a player from the Rams is going to sue Bilechick and Kraft for a 100 million cause they lost in the superbowl. Give me a break :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No laws were broken. The Congress has no business getting involved.

Doc.

Here is what pisses me off. I spent 3+ hours freezing my ass off watching the Steelers lose to NE in the 2004 AFC Championship game. If you go back and watch that game, it was freaky how NE had the right play called on almost every play. I think there is much more dirt to be brought up against several teams, but I would guess that NE was at the top of the list of "cheaters".

Here is what pisses me off. I spent 3+ hours freezing my ass off watching the Steelers lose to NE in the 2004 AFC Championship game. If you go back and watch that game, it was freaky how NE had the right play called on almost every play. I think there is much more dirt to be brought up against several teams, but I would guess that NE was at the top of the list of "cheaters".
That's why they have game tapes to predict the plays, dont blame the Pats blame your coordinators for not coming up with something new to beat them.

I wonder if the Steelers are on that list.

These idiots in Washington are looking for their own publicity...or their football team really sucks and they feel the need to strike out, or...............

No laws were broken. The Congress has no business getting involved.

Doc.

Exactly Doc! This is what seperates the whole "Spygate" thing from the baseball steroid hearings IMO. In both cases though, what a waste of tax dollars. :angry:

The NFL and MLB both have anti trust exemptions from the government, and most teams play in stadiums funded by public funds. If there was a major cheating scandal, and the league collapsed, it's possible that cities might default on bonds used to pay for stadium construction. There is a connection to politics, it's economic, and while a bit far fetched, there are some legitimate reasons for the government to look into these issues.