• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PayPal now allows merchants to sell cigars

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like PayPal finally updated their TOS agreement, and now allows sales of cigars as long as the sales do not violate any laws. Looks like Cigars International is accepting PP now. Interesting...

So does that mean individuals won't have to be secretive about cigar sales to each other as well? :)

I hope so...one less thing to worry about.

That is good news.
Now we can buy and sell cigars without worrying.
Thanks.

I still won't mention cigars on there. Who knows what they have up their sleeves?

Yeah, retailers may be allowed to sell through PP, just because they are a "registered" retailer. Who knows about us "normal" accounts.

Wonder if CI is going to charge more on the cigars if you use PP....regarding the 3.5% fee. Or maybe PP gave them a discount on the fees due to the amount of transactions CI gets.

I guess the reality of the economy got them to change their minds. Nothing like a loss in the quarter to get a company to look for a new stream of revenue!

I'm suspicious of this. Can anyone say "Taxman"?;)

I'm suspicious of this. Can anyone say "Taxman"? ;)

My thoughts, as well.

Isn't it interesting how quickly "principles" can change when the almighty dollar is brought into the equation?

Yep. We have a saying here in the office....

"No friend as true as a buck or two."

:cool:

Does that mean they'll reinstate my account that the suspended because someone bought a "Work of Art Fiver"? :angry:

Play it safe and when it asks for what you are paying for use "services rendered". I don't trust these clowns at all. No mention of tobacco means no future issues.
Rob

I would like to see retailers use this option. Millions of people use paypal and it increases the ability to purchase cigars and such.

But like everyone else it seems to good to be true.

Yeah, retailers may be allowed to sell through PP, just because they are a "registered" retailer. Who knows about us "normal" accounts.

Wonder if CI is going to charge more on the cigars if you use PP....regarding the 3.5% fee. Or maybe PP gave them a discount on the fees due to the amount of transactions CI gets.

Not all that different then the fees they pay Visa and Amex. Plus the added bonus of paying a lower fee if the customer makes it a bank transfer.

I am very leary of paypal. I used to sell on eBay and Paypal screwed me out of money more then once.