• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Penn State @ Alabama?

As a Boise State fan, I'm pulling for the Canes and Penn this weekend. No bets on the Penn State game tho. No suckah here.

Man and to think I was pulling for Boise the other night......GO BUCKS!

I live in Ohio but graduated from an SEC school. Unfortunately for my football rooting interests, my SEC alma mater is Kentucky. So this is a tough week. I kinda like Ohio State but they are always just good enough to be rated second. Second, in fact, to SEC schools. I kinda like Alabama (if for no other reason than their being in the SEC).

Joe Paterno is a class act and I would love for him to take this game. I hate the Hurricanes...something that still stems from the Schnellenberger days (long non-football related story). So, even though most weeks I would pull for the Tide, I am going to be pulling for Paterno's boys. I would probably cheer for Lucifer against the Hurricanes so that is settled.

I am feeling generous so here is the deal I will give you, Melly: Give me Penn State plus 9 versus your Tide for a premium fiver. However, if Ohio State loses at home to the dreaded Hurricanes then, as a consolation to my home state's sadness, I get a double or nothing bet with the spread in Week 3 on a game of my choice. Tell me if that works, Melly.

Obviously if you get a sucker to just take this straight up then take it!

As a Boise State fan, I'm pulling for the Canes and Penn this weekend. No bets on the Penn State game tho. No suckah here.

I live in Ohio but graduated from an SEC school. Unfortunately for my football rooting interests, my SEC alma mater is Kentucky. So this is a tough week. I kinda like Ohio State but they are always just good enough to be rated second. Second, in fact, to SEC schools. I kinda like Alabama (if for no other reason than their being in the SEC).

Joe Paterno is a class act and I would love for him to take this game. I hate the Hurricanes...something that still stems from the Schnellenberger days (long non-football related story). So, even though most weeks I would pull for the Tide, I am going to be pulling for Paterno's boys. I would probably cheer for Lucifer against the Hurricanes so that is settled.

I am feeling generous so here is the deal I will give you, Melly: Give me Penn State plus 9 versus your Tide for a premium fiver. However, if Ohio State loses at home to the dreaded Hurricanes then, as a consolation to my home state's sadness, I get a double or nothing bet with the spread in Week 3 on a game of my choice. Tell me if that works, Melly.

Obviously if you get a sucker to just take this straight up then take it!

Ehh Stu I will take your bet...I will make sure that I fully understand what you just said (plus 9, spreads, you know...that stuff) ^^^^ before the game LOL! So I'll take you on!

Sorry, Danno! My boss is a Buckeye so I can't root for them. It's like a law or something.

Steve, good win on Monday vs a tough VT team. Now it should be a smooth ride the rest of the season.

From your mouth to the football Gods' ears. ;)

Woot! 3 hrs and 15 minutes! Cannot wait...GA made a poor showing, go figure!

Happy College Game Day!

Melly
Rolllll Tide!

I agree...Right now I am not a happy camper...GA lost (no love lost really...just picked em against the 'Cocks) and Miami is biting the big one...

I know my Canes didn't play well but Jacory Harris throws 4 INT's in Columbus (tough place to play) and only lose by 12...Tough schedule for Miami this year. Now off to Pitt.

Congrats, Melly, on a GOOD WAGER WON! :thumbs:

Also, Ohio State won so no consolation deal, either. :D

Since I am totally clueless about sports, betting, etc. (I am an erudite / art / music weenie)
Did Melly win the double or nothing bet from Stu?

Since I am totally clueless about sports, betting, etc. (I am an erudite / art / music weenie)

Oh brother, if you cannot read the plain terms of the wager then I cannot help you a bit.

Melly, I will need an address to which you would like to have your 5 White Owls delivered. Congratulations to the Crimson Tide for exposing yet another overrated, slow, second or third tier talented, all too easy to beat Big Ten foot-boring team. GO SEC!!! How about those Kentucky Wildcats yesterday?

I know my Canes didn't play well but Jacory Harris throws 4 INT's in Columbus (tough place to play) and only lose by 12...Tough schedule for Miami this year. Now off to Pitt.

If OSU could cover kicks and had Pryor had made one or two better decisions it would have been a blowout. OSU made few glaring mistakes, aside the clock miss management at the end of the first half, and that is what it takes to win.

If OSU could cover kicks and had Pryor had made one or two better decisions it would have been a blowout. OSU made few glaring mistakes, aside the clock miss management at the end of the first half, and that is what it takes to win.

If OSU could cover kicks and Pryor been smarter on a few plays...ect.....Like I said if Harris doesn't throw 4 INT's...Miami probably wins, no excuses here. But.....4 turnovers and they only lose by 12?

Oh brother, if you cannot read the plain terms of the wager then I cannot help you a bit.

Melly, I will need an address to which you would like to have your 5 White Owls delivered. Congratulations to the Crimson Tide for exposing yet another overrated, slow, second or third tier talented, all too easy to beat Big Ten foot-boring team. GO SEC!!! How about those Kentucky Wildcats yesterday?

Thank you Sir ;-) 2614 Southbury Circle Birmingham, AL 35216
I wish AL played KY this year!

If OSU could cover kicks and Pryor been smarter on a few plays...ect.....Like I said if Harris doesn't throw 4 INT's...Miami probably wins, no excuses here. But.....4 turnovers and they only lose by 12?

I get what your saying and agree. However 2 of the picks are on the receivers. All in all neither team played to their capabilities.

Wait, I have to send mail to BirmingHOLE, Alabama? Do I need to send it in a safe? I have all of these Between the Lines just sitting around here. I could maybe include one if I get a compliment for my Kentucky team?!?!? Come on, I need something to get me through to the beginning of college basketball season. :D

And if tOSU doesn't take a knee 3 times on the 5 yard line at the end it was 19 points. tOSU gave Miami 14 pts.on terrible special teams, it wasn't nearly as close as you think.....

Wait, I have to send mail to BirmingHOLE, Alabama? Do I need to send it in a safe? I have all of these Between the Lines just sitting around here. I could maybe include one if I get a compliment for my Kentucky team?!?!? Come on, I need something to get me through to the beginning of college basketball season. :D

Stu, I usually root for KY when they aren't playing Alabama ;-) Please don't put BirmingHOLE on the package...they won't get the joke at the PO ;-)

And if tOSU doesn't take a knee 3 times on the 5 yard line at the end it was 19 points. tOSU gave Miami 14 pts.on terrible special teams, it wasn't nearly as close as you think.....

You keep saying if Ohio St doesn't give up 14 points on special team..IF IF IF....well then I can also say if Harris doesn't throw 4 picks.....it's probably a different game. Listen Ohio St played better they won. All I said was Miami on the road throws four picks and it was only a 12 point game.

By the way if it's Oklahoma and Bob Stoops they don't take a knee, he punches it in for six.

By the way congrats Melissa on your Alabama win.