• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pepin Fumadores

You actually light your cigars by pissing on them? Will wonders never cease?

I bought a box of them, and I think they're pretty good. Good taste, nice construction and burn. I'll be getting a couple more boxes here soon. These and the Gran Habano Corojo #5 Rothschild are becoming my daily smokes.

The description in their PDF catalog says they are "Cuban sandwich" cigars which is long filler mixed with short clippings. I've not smoked these, but it seems to me that mixed filler smokes are not held in the same esteem as those constructed solely of long filler (maybe because they are seen as a way to get rid of waste tobacco? or maybe because they legitimately don't smoke as well or tasty as long-filler only-not sure).

Hope this helps.

TampaSupremo

but it seems to me that mixed filler smokes are not held in the same esteem as those constructed solely of long filler
I wouldn't say they aren't held in the same esteem as long filler cigars. They are what they are. Nobody expects sandwich cigars to be, as a whole, on the level of purely long-filler cigars, but there are some very good ones out there as far as value smokes go. I used to smoke the Padron Fumas (when I could still get them) all the time.

The description in their PDF catalog says they are "Cuban sandwich" cigars which is long filler mixed with short clippings. I've not smoked these, but it seems to me that mixed filler smokes are not held in the same esteem as those constructed solely of long filler (maybe because they are seen as a way to get rid of waste tobacco? or maybe because they legitimately don't smoke as well or tasty as long-filler only-not sure).

Hope this helps.

TampaSupremo

Once again a little reading would have answered my question.

Thanks guys.

Sounds similar to the Tatuaje Series R. 40% long filler, 60% medium filler. Same tobacco used in the Havana line, but the price is about half as much. I find them to be quite enjoyable, and at $71 for a box of 31 sticks, a great price. Then again, I find myself liking anything that Pepin gets his hands on...

mac