• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pepin Garcia Cigars

MilesMingusMonk

Breaking Wind Master
I've been meaning to put together a comprehensive reference thread for all Pepin Garcia sticks for quite some time, done in the same style as the Padron and Fuente Reference threads. With the popularity of PGs, there has also been an explosion in the number of options - quite frankly I haven't been able to keep up.

Updated !

Pepin Garcia brands:

1.) Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label ( + Lanceros / Al Puff n' Stuff ( Thanks Jeech ))
2.) Don Pepin Black Label - Cuban Classic ( Thanks KeysorSoze ! )
3.) Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ
4.) Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ Maduro
5.) El Rey de los Habanos
6.) Vegas Cubanas
7.) El Centurion ( Thanks KeysorSoze )

Client brands:

Ashton
1.) San Cristobal ( Thanks Brandon and Jonesy )

Black Cat Cigar Company, Philadelphia, PA
1.) Rey Miguel
2.) Sam's GS Stash

Cigar.com
1.) Corojo Label ( Thanks Tom36 )

The Cigar Merchant, Alpharetta, GA
1.) Trahan Reserva Serie T

Cigar International
1.) CI Legends Yellow Label ( Thanks Humboldt )
2.) 5 Vegas Miami ( Thanks Humboldt & Brewmeister ))

Cigar King, Scottsdale, AZ
1.) Cuban Diplomat
2.) Habana Leon
3.) Havana Soul
4.) Hirsh y Garcia
5.) Nacionales “W”
6.) Sancti Spiritus

Holt's
1.) Old Henry
2.) Little Havana Overruns
3.) Holt's Fumadores ( Thanks Tigger )
4.) Holt's Connoisseur ( Thanks Tigger )

Outlaw
1.) Custom Pepin ( Thanks KeysorSoze )
2.) Bad to the Bone - same as "Custom Pepin" listed above?

Padilla Cigar Company, Hialeah, FL
1.) Padilla Miami 8 & 11
2.) Padilla Signature 1932[15]
3.) Padilla 1948
4.) Padilla 1968 ( Thanks KeysorSoze )
5.) Padilla 1932 Maduro ( Thanks KeysorSoze )
6.) Padilla Edicion Especial ’Achilles’ - Cigars International ( Thanks Tom36 )
7.) Padilla Miami 8&11 6x60 rolled for Al Puff n' Stuff ( thanks Jeech )

Tatuaje Cigars Inc
1.) All Tatuaje from Tat Reference ( Tatuaje Nuevitas Jibaro / atlanticcigar)
2.) All Cabaiguán from Tat Ref ( plus Guapo - thanks KesorSoze )

Top Shelf Cigar Company, Skippack, PA
1.) Signature Select Green Label

Troya
1.) Classico ( Thanks Brewmeister )

United Tobacco
1.) 601 ( Thanks Stinki & Brewmeister ))

My request : Please post any additional Pepin Garcia cigars ( especially limited releases or special production ) so that I can begin the task of putting a formal reference thread together. In addition, I will be sourcing out appropriate photography for each - if you can assist me with pictures from your personal collection, please PM me.

Thanks kindly to all in advance!
:MMM

Don Pepin Black Label - Cuban Classic

Padilla 1968

Padilla 1932 Maduro

+ Outlaw Custom Pepin

+ El Centurion

+ Cabaiguan Guapo

Looking forward to this much needed resource!!

Thanks in advance MMM.

Cheers,
antaean

I think one of the 'brothers' on here started a thread like this...search is your friend! :sign:

I may have been on CF. I'll look around.

Padilla Edicion Especial ’Achilles’ (made for Cigars International)

Edit: I think I'm wrong about the other 2.

Thanks for the help so far .....all except Grateful. :whistling:

Keep 'em coming ! :thumbs:

CI Legends-Pepin Garcia (AKA Yellow Label)
5 Vegas Miami???? I think it is rolled at his El Rey de los Habanos factory, but his name is not attached directly to the brand

edit to add: (AKA Yellow Label)

DP Blue Label Lanceros 100 Boxes rolled for Al Puff n' Stuff (can take pictures - have sealed box)
Padilla Miami 8&11 6x60 rolled for Al Puff n' Stuff (can take photos - have a few singles)

Holt's Fumadores and Holt's Connoisseur according to the last catalog I read.

Fumadores (Holts)
Troya Clasico
Cigar.com Corojo Label (The Cigar.com Corojo Label is a Nicaraguan full-bodied powerhouse made at the El Rey de Los Habanos factory under the direction of Pepin Garcia. This factory is well known for producing such highly rated brands as Tatuaje and Padilla.) ??

Edit - you had the main part of the wiki...

[edit] Miscellaneous
In addition to the regular production cigars noted above, Don Pepin has from time to time created special limited edition cigars for clients. Some of those are listed here, as well as some odds and ends.

Padilla Edición Especial Achilles(photo by Rufus Shaw)
  • Padilla Edición Especial Achilles . Ernesto Padilla concocted the blend for this limited edition cigar which was made exclusively for Cigars International. It was manufactured in the factory at Estelí, Nicaragua. Production was limited to 60,000 of only one size, a Toro (6" x 50). A full-bodied cigar, the wrapper is a Corojo. Despite the low production numbers, it was reasonably priced.
  • Tatuaje Bombazos. The Bombazos (4" x 46) were produced for Fumare Cigar in Reno, NV. It is a strong, spicy blend.
  • Tatuaje La Maravilla. This cigar was produced for Leaf and Ale. The La Maravilla is a Punch Punch-sized cigar at 5-5/8" x 46.
  • Tatuaje Cohetes (Rocket). This limited edition cigar was made exclusively for Tower Cigars. A short, fat cigar (4 x 50), it was packed in cabinets of 25, each numbered, dated and signed by Pete. There were only 50 such cabinets available. It was made in the Miami factory.
  • Rio Tabac Alpha Series R was created and originally manufactured by Don Pepin, but is now made by another manufacturer in Nicaragua. The blend had been maintained as it was originally created by Don Pepin.
  • Don Pepin M was a brand that Pepin blended for a client of Tabacalera Tropical when he was working with them and it was made by Tropical. The client asked if he could use Don Pepin's name (this was before he thought to use it for himself) and permission was granted. For various reasons, the cigars were returned to Tropical who then sold them to all comers. The "M" was for "maduro," as it had a maduro wrapper. It is no longer being made. There was also a natural version (the Don Pepin N) which met a similar fate.[sup][18][/sup]
  • Bad to the Bone was a special limited production made for the Outlaw Cigar Co., of Kansas City, MO. It was released during a rolling demonstration held in Kansas City by Don Pepin in June of 2007.
Bad to the Bone cigar band Bad to the Bone (photo by Rufus Shaw)

Original list has been updated. Questions below.

And the Bad to the Bone from Outlaw Cigar.
[/color][/size][/font]

Extremely helpful Brew - the links will make my work much easier.

Is this different from the previously mentioned Outlaw Custom Pepin?

MMM,

To the best of my knowledge, I believe it to be the same, however, I'm sure SmokeyBalls would be able to clear that up. You're welcome on the links, but, jeez, I started to reply to your question when only one reply was there. By the time I finished the links, most were already posted albeit without linkage. :D BTW I edited the post and added the Padilla Edición Especial Achilles. Also a CI only cigar.