• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pepin "My Father"

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
I can't find these locally and was wondering how they are...taste?...construction?...value?

I found some opinions about the cigar from the last IPCPR Show only.

Thanks

I have seen these starting to pop up in the last week or so. I smoked one on Monday and it is very reminiscent of most of Pepin's other sticks. Big spice bomb in the start then slowly mellows out to a smooth finish. I had the lancero, had no burn or construction problems. If your a Pepin fan, I'd definitely pick one up.

Your experience closely mirrors mine, Ian. Heavy spice in the beginning, followed by mellowing out afterward.

Gabriel gift me one, among several others. I'm letting it rest for a few more days.

Personally, I prefer cigars that get better toward the nub, rather than the other way.

Brian

I looking forward to these. I have a sampler coming - should be here today. :)

Yes, I've had two of the lanceros and I suggest you give it a try. The most pleasant aspect of the lancero was the nice sweet taste that I picked up; the least pleasant aspect of the lancero was the ash would stack nicely but it would not hold very well, at all.

I bought them from an outstanding B&M. Right, Khari? :D

-Mark

Smoked a lancero at the show that Pepin gifted me. Nice smoke.

Picked up a box at my local B&M over the weekend. Will let them rest a cple months.

I wasn't impressed. The one I smoked was under filled and uneventful. I love most of Pepins stuff in fact his Black label Lanceros are one of my favorite smokes but this new stick didn't have any of the complexity or rich spice I've come to expect and appreciate from his smokes. Maybe I just got a dud but I dont think Ill be buying any more any time soon.....

I had one yesterday and will be buying more.

Seth

Yes, I've had two of the lanceros and I suggest you give it a try. The most pleasant aspect of the lancero was the nice sweet taste that I picked up; the least pleasant aspect of the lancero was the ash would stack nicely but it would not hold very well, at all.

I bought them from an outstanding B&M. Right, Khari? :D

-Mark

The best! :thumbs: