• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Perdomo Edicion de Silvio news...

moki

el Presidente
...rumour has it they are introducing a Salmones vitola of the Perdomo EDS at RTDA... do I smell a group buy? :)

lets just hope they choose to make it not a limited 1 time release like the rest of them!!!

Ludwig said:
lets just hope they choose to make it not a limited 1 time release like the rest of them!!!
Oh, I'm sure it will be :)

cvmfour said:
It's not officially announced yet -- and I'm obliged to not divulge the exact details until the announcement at RTDA -- but I can say they are coming.

You spend far too much time researching and finding information about this stuff. Why can't you be NORMAL and wait for these things like the rest of us?!

*cough* freak *cough*

:sign:

vewyphishy said:
You spend far too much time researching and finding information about this stuff. Why can't you be NORMAL and wait for these things like the rest of us?!

*cough* freak *cough*

:sign:
*Cough* Agreed *Cough*

:)

Wish I had that kind of research time available.

The EDS was created in honor of the passing of Silvio Perdomo. It's a morbid thought, but I wonder if they will create a new release in honor of the recent passing of Nicholas Sr.

other1 said:
The EDS was created in honor of the passing of Silvio Perdomo. It's a morbid thought, but I wonder if they will create a new release in honor of the recent passing of Nicholas Sr.
OH PLEASE let the cigar NOT be known as "EDS"!!!

-Matt

LOL. Is EDS the 'large IT company' you work for? :)

edssalomon.jpg

MIAMI - Tabacalera Perdomo, S.A. today announced it will add a new, highly limited size to the EDICION de SILVIO® ultra-premium cigar line. Making its debut at RTDA 2004 is the EDICION de SILVIO® ‘Salomon en Cedro’, one of the most intriguing and challenging cigar vitolas ever created by Nick Perdomo, Jr. Each EDICION de SILVIO® ‘Salomon en Cedro’ (7 ¼ x 49 x 60) cigar is exquisitely enveloped in a 120-year old Spanish cedar ribbon and delicately placed in its own wax-sealed, aerated cigar ‘vessel’. Twenty-four (24) cigar ‘vessels’ are then sealed and placed under lock and key within a rustic ‘Spanish Galleon’ tobacco chest. Production of the exceptional EDICION de SILVIO® ‘Salomon en Cedro’ will be limited to 400 ‘chests’.

Recognized as 2004’s ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ by the Robb Report, EDICION de SILVIO® is a rare and exclusive cigar line commemorating the memory of Nick Perdomo’s late grandfather, Silvio Perdomo. EDICION de SILVIO® is comprised of a secretive blend of all-Cuban seed tobaccos that are cultivated, crafted and aged to perfection. In addition to the new ‘Salomon en Cedro’ vitola, EDICION de SILVIO® is made in three (3) classic sizes packaged in ‘Spanish Galleon’ tobacco chests containing 50 cigars: ‘Robusto’ (5 x 54), ‘Double Corona’ (7 5/8 x 50) and ‘No. 2 Torpedo’ (6 1/8 x 54).

edssalomonbox.jpg

Now that is badass!!! How much will these be? I can always ask but I know I won't be able to afford them :p

Come to think of it. Screw you guys! I wan't my own box. :D

(that is until I see the 4 digit price tag.. Then I want you all back in the group buy :p)

cvmfour said:
Now that is badass!!! How much will these be? I can always ask but I know I won't be able to afford them :p
MSRP = $30 per "vessel" -- 24 vessels per box

PS... I told ya so ;)

Dang those sure look purdy. I need a couple I think. Man those sure look sweet !!! I haven't even smoked the one (now plain Jane) Desilvio I have right now.

Manage to snag one from RTDA; Perdomo did a great job on the construction of the cigar and the packaging -- hat's off to 'em. I haven't smoked it yet, but if the other EDS's are anything to go by, I'm sure it'll be wonderful.

perdomo_eds_salomone_closed.jpg

perdomo_eds_salomone_open.jpg

I'm still new at this, but....Doesn't "Salomon en Cedro’" translate into....
Salmon packed in Cedar? I thought you guys weren't into flavored sticks! :D

JV