• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Perfecto Draw Issues

How long do you work on lighting the tapered foot? I usually just touch a match to the end and let it open up on its own. Every Hemingway I've had settles into a nice even burn. I agree with the above, lots of these little perfectos are too good to not smoke. Be patient. You'll find they're really enjoyable once you get through the burn/draw issues.

Also, I never use a punch, always just a straight cut with my Xicar. Don't know if it has anything to do with it or not.

Good luck.

Thanks guys. You actually got me thinking about my humidor, so I went home last night and noticed my cigars seemed like they were getting firmer. My RH was at 70%. I have two tubes of 65 beads (one on top one on bottom) and I left the green sponge humidifier in the bottom from seasoning. So I took out the humidifier and just left in the beads. Hopefully that will drop the RH and make it perfect. Thanks for the help and I will keep you all updated.

Have you calibrated your hygros lately? Never a bad idea to check on them periodically to make sure they are reading correctly.

OK, so after this discussion I calibrated my hygro last night. This morning is was dead on 75%. My humi was at 70% all this time. While I was calibrating I propped open the lid with matchsticks for the day. Got down to around 65-66 with the beads removed. All my sticks seem to have loosened up a bit. So I think 70% is way to high for me, and I need to keep it around 65. I have it propped a tiny bit today with the beads drying out. After work I will close it up again and put the beads back in around 50% wet. I was really soaking the bead tubes and shaking them dry, but it may have been too much. I think it was seasoned OK, because an improperly seasoned humi will give you a low RH right?

Hopefully this should work.

I think it was seasoned OK, because an improperly seasoned humi will give you a low RH right?

Hopefully this should work.
If you "season" it way past the RH you want it at, that could easily give you a high RH.(iirc) But, yes, if you under "season" it your RH will be low.

Derek

Back