• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Perique Cigars

I know the Perique tobacco is used in pipe blends, but does anyone have any info on where to get the handmade cigars using blends of this tobacco (other than Drew Estates Naturals)

I ran across info on this cigar too, but not much else:

Le Creole Louisianne

Specifications:
Hand made cigars with Louisiana Perique Tobacco, processed and cured in the manner developed by Pierre Chenet in 1824. The Perique is from St. James Parish, Louisiana and is part of a crop cultivated on less than 16 acres(65,000 sq. Meters) The genuine taste of Creole smoking tobacco.

:)

One brand is listed here:

Also, those Le Creole Louisiannes appear to be marketed by this guy:

I'd be very interested in reading your review of either or both...

copy that...I did send a message to this cat earlier and now I'm waiting to hear back from him...hopefully some of the Louisiana boyz in CP will have some inside info, although most swamp drudging cajuns do not have internet access...such as my dad!

I didn't know there were cigars with perique in them. Cool. There is a nice "pipe guy" at the local B&M that knows the folks that are now running the perique operation.He let me smell a big sack of it that he had just picked up a few days earlier, powerful!

I'll ask him to find out if there are some, other than those, avaliable.

Try this place.

www.cvtobacco.com

They used to have them on their web site. Try calling them. I bought a perique cigar from them a few years ago on trip to Hartford. I can't give you much of a review on it. It's been a while since I torched it.

Try this place.

www.cvtobacco.com

They used to have them on their web site. Try calling them. I bought a perique cigar from them a few years ago on trip to Hartford. I can't give you much of a review on it. It's been a while since I torched it.

Dammit, ya stole my thunder! :D When I saw the title of the thread, I was going to post this. The guy who owns Connecticut Valley Tobacconist is a good friend of mine and yes, last I knew they have perique cigars. It's been a long time since I smoked one so can't remember much about it. It seems to me it was on the milder side.

They have a Cuban guy in there rolling cigars and the last time I saw him, he was rolling cigars with a perique wrapper. That was the first time I had ever heard of that.

Thankx for the info...I'm gonna look around the website and probably give them a call tomorrow.