• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Philidelphia Phillies

jje5090

I don't know if anyone else here is a phillies fan but i myself am. Got to see them at the end of the school year (start of summer) and beginning of school year (End of summer). Went to the Nationals stadium and watched them shut them out.

Overall we have had a more then terrific season. We have the best pitching I have ever personally seen. Halladay, Lee, Oswalt, and Hamals are just great pitchers. We seemed to start out with a problem with the bat especially being down Utley. Although as many philly fans may know our teams don't seem to find there niche until the end of the season. All I know is this looks like another Red October for us and we may even have a chance at the series again. Got to go to the parade in 2008 and hope to do it again this year.

Anyhow what are your feelings on the phillies?

I don't know if anyone else here is a phillies fan but i myself am. Got to see them at the end of the school year (start of summer) and beginning of school year (End of summer). Went to the Nationals stadium and watched them shut them out.

Overall we have had a more then terrific season. We have the best pitching I have ever personally seen. Halladay, Lee, Oswalt, and Hamals are just great pitchers. We seemed to start out with a problem with the bat especially being down Utley. Although as many philly fans may know our teams don't seem to find there niche until the end of the season. All I know is this looks like another Red October for us and we may even have a chance at the series again. Got to go to the parade in 2008 and hope to do it again this year.

Oswalt had an awful year. You probably would have been better off mentioning Vance Worley instead of Oswalt or Hamels.

As far as my feelings, I'm pretty sure the whole team suffers from an incurable auto-immune disease. I think one of these guys is Patient Zero.

ch8v.jpg

Oswalt had an awful year. You probably would have been better off mentioning Vance Worley instead of Oswalt or Hamels.

As far as my feelings, I'm pretty sure the whole team suffers from an incurable auto-immune disease. I think one of these guys is Patient Zero.
Oswalt hasn't been the same since he left in the beginning of the season due to the tornado that hit his hometown. Although I did forget Lee who is doing an awesome job as well. I did get to watch him hit a Home Run this year which is kind of cool

Tone and Tom, it saddens me that I must report the two of you to Rod and MMM for the behavior exhibited in this thread. Projecting the anger you feel from picking inferior teams that were last relevant during Reagan's presidency onto an innocent team such as the Phillies is more telling about the both of you than you may think.

You're free to report what you like, TOM. But when the Bengals look at the Mets' collective rap sheet and shake their head, you know you've hit an unmatched low. I don't remember any Phillies (who weren't first trained by the Mets) doing Fed time.

I can't believe that an Iowa farm boy is so enamored with the Phillies! I will have to call Rod and have him give you a time out!

You're free to report what you like, TOM. But when the Bengals look at the Mets' collective rap sheet and shake their head, you know you've hit an unmatched low. I don't remember any Phillies (who weren't first trained by the Mets) doing Fed time.

Well, it's no secret that Lenny's world took a turn for the worse once he went to Philthy and the pumped him full of drugs. And as far as Fed time goes, as soon as the stalking charges against John Mayberry Jr go through, you may have to change your thoughts.

Tone and Tom, it saddens me that I must report the two of you to Rod and MMM for the behavior exhibited in this thread. Projecting the anger you feel from picking inferior teams that were last relevant during Reagan's presidency onto an innocent team such as the Phillies is more telling about the both of you than you may think.

Oh stop it Clint.....The Phillys and YOU both suck!

The only thing the Phillys do is take some of the heat off the Yankees as being the only team who 'buys' talent and has a huge payroll. Why is it we don't read 'hate' articles about them like we read around the country when the Yankees are in the hunt?

According to jje5090 and ConVick, it looks like Philadelphia has 2 'Dream Teams' now... :laugh:

Totally right...and that kid Worley throws gas and has confidence in his fastball to challenge hitters. If he learns a little discipline and throws his offspeed pitches with the same confidence, he'll really be something... if he doesn't blow up his arm like Stasburg, who also relied on his 99mph fastball too much.

BTW...you suck Clint

The only thing the Phillys do is take some of the heat off the Yankees as being the only team who 'buys' talent and has a huge payroll. Why is it we don't read 'hate' articles about them like we read around the country when the Yankees are in the hunt?

According to jje5090 and ConVick, it looks like Philadelphia has 2 'Dream Teams' now... :laugh:
Buying teams still belongs the the Spankees no matter what anyone says. At least our team wants to be there and is full of a bunch of younger guys. Oh and just remember how Lee turned you guys down... Why was that again? I'm pretty sure it has something to do with us being the better team... Not necessary playing wise but we have the best fans. He said it himself.

Buying teams still belongs the the Spankees no matter what anyone says. At least our team wants to be there and is full of a bunch of younger guys. Oh and just remember how Lee turned you guys down... Why was that again? I'm pretty sure it has something to do with us being the better team... Not necessary playing wise but we have the best fans. He said it himself.
Philly fans the best? Now that made me laugh...you can tell by that statement how young you are and how little you know about the history of your hometown teams.

Please think before you post...the Yankees don't want to be there? The Phillies have more youth than the Yanks? Oh boy.... :whistling:

From the City that has holding cells and a make shift court INSIDE their football stadium... :laugh: ...the fans that threw ice balls at players trying to hurt them after a loss!

The list goes on & on....

Here is a great article relating to the issues from a Phillies fan point of view
http://www.phillysportsvoice.com/2011-03-22/philly-fans-truly-the-best-of-the-best/

So why shouldn't we boo someone when they are doing bad? You punish you kids when they are bad don't you?
Havn't all sports fans made mistakes especially while under the influence?

Don't patronize these Phillies haters. While I detest the Iggles, I have to recognize that fans from Philly are by far the classiest fans in sportsdom. If you think Santa didn't deserve to be boo'd, then you simply aren't paying attention. :)

Here is a great article relating to the issues from a Phillies fan point of view
http://www.phillyspo...st-of-the-best/
So why shouldn't we boo someone when they are doing bad? You punish you kids when they are bad don't you?
Havn't all sports fans made mistakes especially while under the influence?

Have you also cheered when a kid falls out of a tree and breaks his arm?  Or gotten drunk and threw up all over your neighbor's kid?

ETA:  And as a Buccaneers fan, I'll never forget the vile things said to Joe Jurevicius about his child when Tampa was closing the Vet.  Out of curiosity, would you ever say things like that to your neighbor?

He's got that sexy "I can't sing to loud cause I live In my parents basement" voice going...