• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Phillies and Pedro?

LOCAL669

Any Phillies fans out there have a comment on the possible pick up of Pedro. I don't know which way to go on this one, if it evens happens. I have heard that they are just showing false interest in him to bait in Holliday!! I don't think I would mind much if we pick em' up. For one we won't loose any players and two he has experience when it comes to the big games and could provide some strengh to the rotation. My only concern is that he might screw with team chemistry a bit.

Any thoughts?

You need to forget about Pedro and hope the GM puts all his resources into trading for Roy Halladay. I'm a huge Blue Jays fan and would hate to see him go, but the Phils have Michael Taylor in AAA that would look good in a Jays uniform.

Halladay would be an awesome addition to the lineup. I am always afraid of what we would lose to get a name like that on the roster. Then again Gillick has made some "questionable" moves that have proved incredibly successful. Come to think of it I think we have a few franchises that could take a lesson or two from Pat, but I digress for another season.

But, you made a good point about chemistry. That is what got them the WFC last year and just as good of a chance for a repeat. If they did sign Martinez what would they have to lose to catch Roy? J.A. Happ? I sure as hell hope not.

Well I guess this mornings news answers that question. I have to wonder if they will still pursue Halladay?

I have no idea why they signed pedro. Is their pitching that horrible that they sign this guy just so they can immediately put him on the 15 day DL with a shoulder strain? Seems to me they just wasted a million dollars...maybe more.

What gets me is he just came to town for a physical. Like that would not show up. I hope Pedro is part of a bigger plan they are plotting to get Halladay on board.

But, I think there pitching is some of the best in recent years. Aside from a few setbacks they are as solid as ever.

According to ESPN.com Pedro has only 4 starts at Citizens Bank with a 7.85 ERA and 4 home runs in 18 1/2 innings. I have a feeling he will be rocked his first start at CBP. I never liked the idea of Pedro coming to Philly, once a Met always Met! As much as it would probably hurt down the road I would rather see them give up Drabek for Hallady, though that would only pay off if he helps the Phils to another championship and if the Phils are able to sign him past 2010.

Pedro is done as a starter, his last good year was '02. If I was the Phil's I would make him my 8th inning guy and let him throw whatever is left in the tank to get to Madson/Lidge. If nothing else he is a good option against a big righty hitter late in the game.

Fish

I heard he recently changed his name ala Ocho Cinco. Fifteen Martinez

I wish Pedro all the luck in the world. We have fond memories of him here in Red Sox Nation. As for Halladay,just get him the hell out of the American League.

Doc.

Our club house is too solid for Pedro to be able to come in and disturb anything.
The hard part will be trying to find a role for him in the rotation
With Happ not being taken out of the line up we have
Hamels
Lee
Blanton
Happ
Moyer/Pedro...

God bless the rest of the league when September hits and the Phillies make that final push towards another title.

We have owned Sept. esp Ryan Howard.

Go Phills