• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Phoenix/Mesa Brick and Mortar.... laws?

ads47

I will be spending all next week in Mesa. Where are the good brick and mortars. What are the laws in regards to smoking. I will be at the Arizona Golf Resort, can you smoke outside?

thanks
ads

Wow, you're out by me....I'm not sure on the policy of that resort. In general, smoking in AZ is not allowed inside or within so many feet of any entrance. As for B&M's, the closest and best bet is going to be the Stogie Cutter in Gilbert. It's about 10 min from your resort. They serve beer and wine, have a good selection of cigars, and you can smoke inside. The Tinderbox at Fiesta Mall allows indoor smoking and sells Fuente and Tat's, but no booze and rather boring to hanng out at. Additional ones or nicer B&M's are going to be much further away.

I will be spending all next week in Mesa. Where are the good brick and mortars. What are the laws in regards to smoking. I will be at the Arizona Golf Resort, can you smoke outside?

thanks
ads
Drop me a note when you come back if you're still in the Indy area...would love to hook up with the guy that bombed the crap out of me when I was a newb.

Wow, you're out by me....I'm not sure on the policy of that resort. In general, smoking in AZ is not allowed inside or within so many feet of any entrance. As for B&M's, the closest and best bet is going to be the Stogie Cutter in Gilbert. It's about 10 min from your resort. They serve beer and wine, have a good selection of cigars, and you can smoke inside. The Tinderbox at Fiesta Mall allows indoor smoking and sells Fuente and Tat's, but no booze and rather boring to hanng out at. Additional ones or nicer B&M's are going to be much further away.

There are a couple of afternoon/evenings where I may have time for an hour drive or so. Where else would you suggest. Where would you go for a locally owned fine food place?

"Drop me a note when you come back if you're still in the Indy area...would love to hook up with the guy that bombed the crap out of me when I was a newb."

I will be back for a week or two then will off to Boulder for a few days, then things slow down a bit. I am surfing around here again though so I will try to keep in touch.

ads

I don't know of any food places that allow smoking. As for fine food, if you want rugged but outstanding food and beer, go to Four Peaks Brewery in Tempe. If you want finer, Houston's in Scottsdale is nice. Claim Jumper is great also, but not really high end. I'm not quite sure what your after.

B&M's are hit and miss if you are looking to eat and/or drink inside. Most B&M's allow smoking, but not too many serve food/drink. Other shops I have heard about are Ambassador, Hiland's, Don's and Shades of Havana. Other's I have been to are Lonsdale's (nice but no booze and high prices), Big Stix (big selection but no booze and stuffy owner), and my local favorite is The Stogie Cutter (laid back owner with a small, but nice place and beer).

Maybe someone can chime in on their experiences with Phoenix shops.

I'm sure there are better shops but they are such a drive for me, I usually don't venture past Stogie Cutter.

Hope this helps.