• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PJ's Monster Series - Drac UPDATE

Rebel Herfer

Adiskide honekin, orduak labur!
Drac 2010 release - Monster Series by Pete Johnson's Tatuaje. Stored at (70T/62H)
As you all remember there was quite the bruha when Pete released the Drac last Halloween over the smell of the hastily completed boxes imparting a certain taste on the cigars. I for one smelled it but didn't taste it and promptly removed the sticks from the box as suggested. Smoked one that night too, felt it could use some age, but had promise. Good clean Nic tobacco. Well 9 months later and as good a reason as any, a Red Meat Friday, my friend Niko & I set fire to two of these bad boys. Prelight showed a springier roll than I remembered with a deep leather/tobacco and the light was easy with a very good draw. First out of the box was the taste of chocolate marshmallows, not a sticky sweet taste, rater a smoldering ramp up to the first change. Second third was every bit the promise of the tease; earthy moss of a primordial forest easing into oak leaf mulch and sundrenched fine Nicaraguan tobacco. No disappointment in a another change for the last third as the finish was rich and constantly revealed the entire symphony of flavors this vitola had to offer. In a word - Yum. Can only imagine that another 6 months or year could reveal dark cherry notes or even a rum raisin finish with the richness of some vintage pipe tobacco mixes. Fantastic stick; if you have one, or six, start smoking.

Drac 2010 release - Monster Series by Pete Johnson's Tatuaje. Stored at (70T/62H)
As you all remember there was quite the bruha when Pete released the Drac last Halloween over the smell of the hastily completed boxes imparting a certain taste on the cigars. I for one smelled it but didn't taste it and promptly removed the sticks from the box as suggested. Smoked one that night too, felt it could use some age, but had promise. Good clean Nic tobacco. Well 9 months later and as good a reason as any, a Red Meat Friday, my friend Niko & I set fire to two of these bad boys. Prelight showed a springier roll than I remembered with a deep leather/tobacco and the light was easy with a very good draw. First out of the box was the taste of chocolate marshmallows, not a sticky sweet taste, rater a smoldering ramp up to the first change. Second third was every bit the promise of the tease; earthy moss of a primordial forest easing into oak leaf mulch and sundrenched fine Nicaraguan tobacco. No disappointment in a another change for the last third as the finish was rich and constantly revealed the entire symphony of flavors this vitola had to offer. In a word - Yum. Can only imagine that another 6 months or year could reveal dark cherry notes or even a rum raisin finish with the richness of some vintage pipe tobacco mixes. Fantastic stick; if you have one, or six, start smoking.
Dang it!
I "cannot" Smoke mines =(

Thanks for the review. I was wondering how they are coming along. I just might have to light one up :thumbs:

I have to agree I smoked one a few weeks ago and it was a good stick kinda sucks that one has to sit and Wait for them to mature but the out come is good ;) :thumbs:

I only caught one in my butterfingers so it's good to see a good report. It will be a significant event when I finally torch it but I'm looking forward to it a lot more now. Thanks for the review Jeff.

Thank God, I've still got five left. I can try it with this age and then experiment over the next couple of years.