• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Please suggest a 1'st beer

Thanks every so far for all of the suggestions.

Do you have any (or much) experience with other sorts of alcoholic drinks?

If you're starting completely from scratch and your first experiment with alcohol is going to take place in public at a bar, I'd recommend sticking with something with a relatively low percentage of alcohol by volume and fairly light and simple in taste. Maybe Amstel Light, Heineken Light, Corona/Corona Light, etc. You've got plenty of time to become a beer snob, but starting off with some 10% Belgian-style monster probably won't end well.

Also, don't forget your ID--you're probably going to get carded, Doug!

I've had a glass of Merlot and a smirinoff green apple (if that even counts lol). I never forget my ID. lol

A friend of mine suggested Blue Moon, What yall think of that one?

My wife loves Blue Moon Belgian White, its not one of my favorites but, you would probably enjoy it. I would re-iterate some of the beers listed above. Boddington's, Guinness, Newcastle and add Harpoon UFO.

Although, I am thinking that newkie would probably be the best bet if I cold do it all over I would love to have been able to remember the Newk as my first. :love: It is a rock solid beer that has a nice smooth rich taste, definitely a must try beer now stop talking about it and go git yourself sum!!!

Man this is a bad post just thinking about all the good beers out there is making me salivate. It must be 5 O'Clock somewhere.

As I said in the other thread, the big domestics will probably taste very similar to each other. If you didn't like Bud light, you more than likely won't like Coors light, Miller Lite, et al. Actually now that I think of it, Amstel Light would be a good one to try. It's light and easy-drinking without being too watered down like the domestics.

For better challenges to your tastebuds I would suggest New Castle, Sam Adams, Bass Ale, or any heffeweizen.

Back