• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PLPC

SLR PC's are somewhat strong and are of the "type" that truly shouldn't be smoked for the first 3-5 yrs. SERIOUSLY! Especially, compared to any other cigar within that lineup. Try the SLR CD/CHURCHILL. Very smooth and sweetish when younger. The PC.... BLECCH. That being said, I have some PC's from a cab of 50 from 01 that I have had and have been aging. Might need to go spark one.

Heh Heh

SLR PC's are somewhat strong and are of the "type" that truly shouldn't be smoked for the first 3-5 yrs. SERIOUSLY! Especially, compared to any other cigar within that lineup. Try the SLR CD/CHURCHILL. Very smooth and sweetish when younger. The PC.... BLECCH. That being said, I have some PC's from a cab of 50 from 01 that I have had and have been aging. Might need to go spark one.

Heh Heh

:D

The ones I've been getting lately have only been a year or two old and have been pretty good IMO because SLR is probably my favorite Cuban cigar. I scored a few late '05 boxes earlier in the year and they definitely needed some time (they are SEP 05). Now that I've had them about seven months, they are noticeably better. My guess is that most experienced smokers would agree with you on this rather than me. :D

I also have some OCT 06 DCs which are smoking fantastic right now!

Sorry Timmy, I just don't have the patience to age my SLR PCs. :D

Heh Heh

:D

The ones I've been getting lately have only been a year or two old and have been pretty good IMO because SLR is probably my favorite Cuban cigar. I scored a few late '05 boxes earlier in the year and they definitely needed some time (they are SEP 05). Now that I've had them about seven months, they are noticeably better. My guess is that most experienced smokers would agree with you on this rather than me. :D

I also have some OCT 06 DCs which are smoking fantastic right now!

Sorry Timmy, I just don't have the patience to age my SLR PCs. :D

Believe it or not, I typically LOVE cuban cigars that are younger, rather than older. Hmnnnnn, wanna swap some of my 01 PC's for a couple of your OCT 06 DC's???? GIve me a PM if you want to do so. The MAIL does reach you in Nova Scotia by now, right??? :laugh: Holy crap, isn't it frigid there.... SHIVER!!!

Smoked an 07 PL....not as Carmelly - more earthy...yet rich and Stonger than the ones I've had in the past.

It will be interesting to see how these turn out...I think it will be well!

In sticking with the Por Larranaga brand, has anyone here tried the German Regional Edition Lonsdale yet? If so, how would you compare it to the '06 PLPC?

In sticking with the Por Larranaga brand, has anyone here tried the German Regional Edition Lonsdale yet? If so, how would you compare it to the '06 PLPC?

The lonsdale's longer!

At this point - I'd let them sit a while longer.

LMAO

I did receive a box of the Lonnies but hadn't tried one yet. :( If keep my nose to the grindstone, I soon won't have any boogers!

Timmy - The Worker Bee

I've smoked the German release (DUH! :whistling: ;) ) Lonsdales and I liked them better compared to the PLPC. If you can still get them, they are definitely worth buying a few.

I've smoked the German release (DUH! :whistling: ;) ) Lonsdales and I liked them better compared to the PLPC. If you can still get them, they are definitely worth buying a few.

Had a newer PLPC last night. These are too young. Good flavor, razor-sharp burn, but still very green.