• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Plugged - Hate it when that happens!

Shahnbuckeye

Fired up a Tatuaje red label tonite that I got from my local guy. When I picked it out of the humdior I thought it felt kind of tight and my prelight draw confirmed it. I spent about thirty minutes battling this thing until I got a headache and gave it up. What a great way to ruin a nice tasting cigar. Any tips on unplugging a cigar? Does this sort of thing happen often to you guys?

Henry's tools

But Ill have to make you do the search :thumbs: Im too tired

Henry's tools

But Ill have to make you do the search :thumbs: Im too tired
....yep. Those little buggers do the trick. Many of our helpful vendors have them; I got mine from Heartfelt when I ordered some other stuff. A little pricey but they work like the bomb; worth it, IMHO.

I asked Rod to start carrying the Havana Draw Enhancer at CigarSwag.com.

Funny, the main reason why I bought it was because my Tatuaje Red labels were plugged.

This tool has this diamond blade to them which you can then saw away the tobacco.

MI-DON-PLUGOAK-200.jpg

I just use a large paper clip that I have straightened out most of the way.

Not the most glamorous looking thing, but it works very well.

Fired up a Tatuaje red label tonite that I got from my local guy. When I picked it out of the humdior I thought it felt kind of tight and my prelight draw confirmed it. I spent about thirty minutes battling this thing until I got a headache and gave it up. What a great way to ruin a nice tasting cigar. Any tips on unplugging a cigar? Does this sort of thing happen often to you guys?

To me - from time to time but, that can be said of ANY brand.

To me - from time to time but, that can be said of ANY brand.
.....true, but have you ever had a plugged Padron?

I've had plugged smokes from virtually every maker I know of, but I can't ever remember a plugged Padron. Maybe I'm just lucky..... :p

CAO in that Seed to Soul DVD had a worker testing the cigar before the wrapper was put on.
If the pressure was < 20 or > 60 it was no good. (Maybe turned into a second, who knows, they did not say).

Makes me wonder how many manufactures use that machine.

It is called the Drawmaster

Drawmaster.jpg

Drawmaster2.jpg

CAO in that Seed to Soul DVD had a worker testing the cigar before the wrapper was put on.
If the pressure was < 20 or > 60 it was no good. (Maybe turned into a second, who knows, they did not say).

Makes me wonder how many manufactures use that machine.

It is called the Drawmaster

Drawmaster.jpg

Drawmaster2.jpg
Isn't that the thing Austin Powers used? :whistling:

.....true, but have you ever had a plugged Padron?

Actually, yes. I had a Padron 4000 that was plugged. It was my first of the x000 series and I was out for the evening without a backup smoke so it really irked me.

I completely agree with you though, B.B.S. Relative to the cigar's draw, Padrón is the most consistent marca I've had the pleasure of smoking.

The only Red Label I ever had was an Angeles which was horribly plugged. It really irked me too... seemed like it would have been a tasty cigar.

I was pretty irked myself Barry. I always have thoughts of going back to where I bought it and getting a replacement. Those thoughts soon fade however, and I chalk it up to the cost of smoking. Anyway, thanks all for the suggestions on unplugging a cigar. Guess I will have to put a tool of some sort on my next CI order.

Funny, the only Angeles I've had was plugged as well. I have had several Hermosos and an Artista that were fine (and delicious - some of my favorites) though, so perhaps they have trouble with the little one.