• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PM Dist. Lists

Shiba

CP's Official Mortgage Broker
I tried searching for this but could not find anything so I will post it here. I am trying to find out if you can do a distribution list or send one PM to multiple users, possibly by seperating their name with a comma or something.

Does anyone know? Thanks.

Edited for spelling

Great idea. This would make splits and stuff much more convenient.

Wilkey

For group buys, splits, etc., if you want a "distribution list" just get each participant's email address and make a group in your address book. I don't really see a need for it here.

Good points CC and ricmac... I sometimes send the same PM to 2 people is the reason I asked.

It's a valid question, don't get me wrong. I just think the negatives outweigh the positives. Think of what we would have already dealt with if some of the clowns that have been here could PM everybody with one single click.

:laugh:

I generally hate PM's and try to send as few as possible. :D

On top of that, I try to keep it full so I don't have to receive any :thumbs: Todd screwed me up when he increased the maximum from 100 to 250. :0

ricmac25 said:
It's a valid question, don't get me wrong. I just think the negatives outweigh the positives. Think of what we would have already dealt with if some of the clowns that have been here could PM everybody with one single click.
[snapback]276528[/snapback]​

Even a batter reason not to do it... We already get enough spam in our email inbox, we don't need it in our PM box as well. Thanks guys!!! :thumbs:

This is a feature of IPB 2.1. It will be available if and when Rod chooses to upgrade the forum. It is a handly little tool for those that will chose to use it for the purpose it was intended

I'm holding off on the upgrade for now. Waiting for the new skin to be completed. Also need to make sure the chatroom is going to work properly with the upgrade. We'll probably upgrade within the next 2-3 months.

I know it would come in handy for my group buys but I can see the potential for abuse too.

Maybe it could be limited to 10 people which would be enough to help with Group Buys, Passes etc. but yet some angry newb couldn't PM everyone at once.

Just a thought that might be a happy compromise on both sides.

Shiba said:
Maybe it could be limited to 10 people which would be enough to help with Group Buys, Passes etc. but yet some angry newb couldn't PM everyone at once.

Just a thought that might be a happy compromise on both sides.
[snapback]277931[/snapback]​

Or only available to members with a certain amount of posts.

Or only available to members with a certain amount of posts.
[snapback]277937[/snapback]​

Nope, too many angry newbie post whores out there...

I too like the Carbon Copy list but I like your blue name in the last click list even more Tod. :p

Thought you guys might like this feature. If 25 is not enough, let me know and I'll up it to 50. Though, I think 25 should be plenty...