• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

POLL: Military Service

Which branch of service were/are you in?

• Army

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Air Force

• Navy

• Marine Corps

• Coast Guard

• None - Always been a civilian

• Total voters
We wasnt able to carry 9mm cuz we had one guy in our Platoon that went all gangsta style at the range. :( Would have been cool to qualify on that but instead i was stuck with the 50 cal, M-16A2, M-203, Grenades, AT-4, and my speciality, M-19. :D
Just as I got out, they started putting 1 M-4 on each Hummer for the driver and wasnt allowed to shoot it then.

I loved my M203 :) And I talked the armorer into letting me sign out the old M79 "thumper" we had hidden in the arms room, so I always received a double ration of 40mm grenades went we went out to the range. :D

I qualified expert on every weapon the Army ever gave me to shoot or throw, except the M-60... lol thats just the wrong weapon for a left-hander like me. I also have the golden German Army Schützenschnur for the G3. We of course had the M16A1 and not the 2 or 3.

Went hunting and missed all the fun.
USN 1970-1990 Killing machine maintenance technician, mostly with the 1st Mar. Div.

You can ginsu this all you want but there is always a difference between a Recon Marine and a member of a reconnaissance unit from another service. In the trilogy of the 3 main special forces groups Seals look over their shoulders to see Recon Marines who then look to the left to see Delta Force. I've worked with all three and the Rangers at various times and you don't want to f*ck with any of them.

Way back....say 20 - 25 years ago we used to answer the question of "How's it going" with "ZZ Top". Can some of the older (or younger) members tell me why?

Tfire136 - Rear of the piece FALL IN! Nice to see a Redleg here.

US Army conscript so only served two years. Door gunner HU-1B fighter helicopter DaNang S. VietNam 13 months and 1 day 65-66.

"Tfire136 - Rear of the piece FALL IN! Nice to see a Redleg here."

Indeed! Artillary brings order to what otherwise would just be a brawl.

Doc

AVB said:
You can ginsu this all you want but there is always a difference between a Recon Marine and a member of a reconnaissance unit from another service. In the trilogy of the 3 main special forces groups Seals look over their shoulders to see Recon Marines who then look to the left to see Delta Force. I've worked with all three and the Rangers at various times and you don't want to f*ck with any of them.

Way back....say 20 - 25 years ago we used to answer the question of "How's it going" with "ZZ Top". Can some of the older (or younger) members tell me why?

Tfire136 - Rear of the piece FALL IN! Nice to see a Redleg here.
[snapback]251536[/snapback]​

Just Got Paid is all I can think of.

Nope, wrong album :0

Wurm said:
Just Got Paid is all I can think of.
[snapback]251721[/snapback]​

Devil Doc said:
"Tfire136 - Rear of the piece FALL IN! Nice to see a Redleg here."

Indeed! Artillary brings order to what otherwise would just be a brawl.

Doc
[snapback]251713[/snapback]​

Great to be here! Yes Artillery definatley will ruin your day lol. Nothing like the sound of a 155 exploding in the distance.

Greetings! I served honorably in the U.S. Marine Corps, 1969-74, U.S. Army Reserve, 2 years service, and U.S. Army, 1986-90. Regards, knightlaird

I'm BAD, I'm Nationwide.

AVB said:

I guess you had to be Recon to understand ;)

AVB said:
I'm BAD, I'm Nationwide.

AVB said:
Way back....say 20 - 25 years ago we used to answer the question of "How's it going" with "ZZ Top".  Can some of the older (or younger) members tell me why?

I guess you had to be Recon to understand ;)
[snapback]252014[/snapback]​

lol good song, how was the herf?

THREADJACK ON:

Are you switching over to AFATADS in the near future or will TacFire stay with the light units?

tfire136 said:
Well I am in the Army. I am a 13A which is a Field Artillery Officer.
[snapback]251498[/snapback]​

THREADJACK OFF:

AVB said:
THREADJACK ON:

Are you switching over to AFATADS in the near future or will TacFire stay with the light units?

tfire136 said:
Well I am in the Army. I am a 13A which is a Field Artillery Officer.
[snapback]251498[/snapback]​

THREADJACK OFF:
[snapback]252018[/snapback]​

Everyone is switched over to AFATDS now. TacFire does not exist anymore lol. They actually have come out with something better than the AFATADS called the PFED which is basically a palm pilot with FA data built into it. It pretty cool. Most light units are switching over to that.

Get out for a few years and the world keeps on moving along. That PFED sounds pretty neat as long as the batteries hold up. How good is your manual gunnery LOL!!

tfire136 said:
AVB said:
THREADJACK ON:

THREADJACK OFF:
[snapback]252018[/snapback]​

Everyone is switched over to AFATDS now. TacFire does not exist anymore lol. They actually have come out with something better than the AFATADS called the PFED which is basically a palm pilot with FA data built into it. It pretty cool. Most light units are switching over to that.
[snapback]252099[/snapback]​

AVB said:
Get out for a few years and the world keeps on moving along. That PFED sounds pretty neat as long as the batteries hold up. How good is your manual gunnery LOL!!

I can calculate saftey and perform a manual registration with the best of them lol :D

And who do you think does the CFF for the artillery? :D Its only as good as the guy calling in the coordinates for the mission in the first place.

Thanks Steve,

Got my vote in.

Army:

2001-2003 1/6 Field Artillery BN (Chemical Officer) (Bamberg, Germany)
2003-2004 71st Corps Support BN (SSA Platoon Leader) (Bamberg, Germany)
2004-2005 (numerous schools) (Ft. Lee, VA)
2005-2006 589th Brigade Support Battalion, 4ID (BN S4)(Ft. Hood, TX)
2006-Present 589th BSB (BN S4)(Baghdad, Iraq)

5 years in total, currently at the rank of Captain.