• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Poor Mans Cigars?

You can always try this thread...

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=52889&hl=Cupido&st=0

Some more suggestions-

The new 1989 series from Nestor Miranda is very nice. The BM I work at has them for $5.50 for the robusto and $5.80 for the toro. That is with the 40% Colorado tax.

The flavor is great and the price is right.

I didnt read through all of the posts, but the La Vieja Habana from Drew Estates are also a great value.

Grand Habano Connecticut night also be a good choice for you.

So I had an interesting experiance at the smoke shop yesterday.

I got to talking to the owner about her main humidor that someone built at one time, not a prefabricated one. The problem is that the humidor on average is between 40 and 60 percent humidity. the thing has airgaps everywhere and the doors are sliders that SUCK. When I was in there the thing was sitting at 58%. I offered to fix the humidor for her if she would buy the materials. She replied with "well give me a bid for your time." I told her it would be better for both of us if I just fixed the thing and she provided me with cigars as she felt was fair. She happily agreed and then asked me to try out two cigars that a rep had been trying to push her to buy earlier in the day. She asked if I would take the two sample sticks home and give her my personal opinion on them.

I also discussed her, what she was carrying and pricing with her and told her that I was willing to do some national research for her to help make her store more diversly stocked and more competativly priced. She really appreciated my input and is looking forward to my research. What a great oppertunity to help out my fellow BOTL by upgrading the cigar selection at my local smoke shop. Not being a cigar woman herself she appreciated the help.

OH YEAH I GOT MY NEW NAME!!!!!

I got to talking to the owner about her main humidor that someone built at one time, not a prefabricated one. The problem is that the humidor on average is between 40 and 60 percent humidity. the thing has airgaps everywhere and the doors are sliders that SUCK. When I was in there the thing was sitting at 58%. I offered to fix the humidor for her if she would buy the materials. She replied with "well give me a bid for your time." I told her it would be better for both of us if I just fixed the thing and she provided me with cigars as she felt was fair. She happily agreed and then asked me to try out two cigars that a rep had been trying to push her to buy earlier in the day. She asked if I would take the two sample sticks home and give her my personal opinion on them.

I also discussed her, what she was carrying and pricing with her and told her that I was willing to do some national research for her to help make her store more diversly stocked and more competativly priced. She really appreciated my input and is looking forward to my research. What a great oppertunity to help out my fellow BOTL by upgrading the cigar selection at my local smoke shop. Not being a cigar woman herself she appreciated the help.

Such a cool story man!!!!!! Make sure she gets some VSG's in!!! lol

Such a cool story man!!!!!! Make sure she gets some VSG's in!!! lol

Well I will be creating a spreadsheat of everything she currently has and then share it with who ever wants to help, and then they can make suggestions on what she might want to add or drop from her inventory.

Nicely done man! Becoming an integral part of your local B&M is always a great thing to do, especially if you can help turn it into someplace you and others enjoy visiting! I'd suggest having her stock the usual stuff that helps bring her business, such as the basic Padron and Fuente lines, Oliva, also as much as I hate to say it, Rocky Patel is a big seller as well. Once she has those, you can try having some of the more boutique stuff brought in like Viaje or Tatuaje. Having her stock a good selection of smokes through the different levels of strength would be a good idea.

Also, seeing as you said you were looking for a good cheap smoke that wont break the bank, check out to see how much Oliva Connecticut's would be at that shop for you. Great mild smoke that goes nice with a cup of coffee. :thumbs:

Nicely done man! Becoming an integral part of your local B&M is always a great thing to do, especially if you can help turn it into someplace you and others enjoy visiting! I'd suggest having her stock the usual stuff that helps bring her business, such as the basic Padron and Fuente lines, Oliva, also as much as I hate to say it, Rocky Patel is a big seller as well. Once she has those, you can try having some of the more boutique stuff brought in like Viaje or Tatuaje. Having her stock a good selection of smokes through the different levels of strength would be a good idea.

Also, seeing as you said you were looking for a good cheap smoke that wont break the bank, check out to see how much Oliva Connecticut's would be at that shop for you. Great mild smoke that goes nice with a cup of coffee. :thumbs:

Charles, I think that if most any member here at CP won the lottery and opened their own shop, this is exactly what they would do. But I think the reality is that a shop owned by a woman who isn't a "cigar woman" wouldn't be around long if she sold boutique cigars. The Rocky Patel lines, Altadis lines and Acid lines are going to sell and they won't take knowledge to do so. Just my opinion of course.

Charles, I think that if most any member here at CP won the lottery and opened their own shop, this is exactly what they would do. But I think the reality is that a shop owned by a woman who isn't a "cigar woman" wouldn't be around long if she sold boutique cigars. The Rocky Patel lines, Altadis lines and Acid lines are going to sell and they won't take knowledge to do so. Just my opinion of course.

I beg to differ McLintock. I would open a cigar shop and only sell Acids and WOs to spite you. I would still stock Opus X and Padron, but smoke it all for myself and say, "Neener neener you have a small weiner!" as you walked by.