• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Porsche

Flatsix

I was looking around for a spare engine to build for my car and ran across the picture in the link below. This picture blew me away!

http://laporsche.com/_borders/red993TT-b.jpg

Whoever was driving this $90K car must have been flying when they hit whatever it was that they hit. I see people driving their cars like friggin nut cases all the time, I'll bet they don't consider what it's like to actually hit something at 100mph when they are driving that fast.

Drive careful!!

For a moment there if you look at the picture quickly it looks like two front sections were put together . That is some seroius accident, that type you don't walk away from.

Telephone pole? 100MPH +, if I had to guess. That was the driver's side of that car. Pretty unlikely that he walked away from it.

You'd be surprised at how badly damaged a car can be and the occupants still survive. When I was a teenager, a neighbor wadded a Pantera pretty badly. He had the car towed home and it sat in his driveway for months. He hit a telephone pole going sideways and that spun him around and he clipped a fire hyrdrant with the other side. The car looked like King Kong had picked it up with a thumb and forefinger and squeezed just a bit too hard. The center of the car was only about two feet wide. It look very fatal. The driver's seat was completely obliterated. Amazingly, the guy and his passenger were not seriously injured. More stunningly, the engine started and ran. I wanted that 351 Cleveland bad! The guy didn't want to part out the car though...he was shaking off all the would-be buyers by making them promise to repair the car. I used to go over there and get him to start it for me, just to listen to that motor....I still have a soft spot for Panteras.

You'd be surprised at how badly damaged a car can be and the occupants still survive.

I pulled two people out of what was left of this mustang. Both occupants were life flighted. The passenger was the worst injured, and took over an hour to extricate from the car. Last I heard, he had survived, although in what shape I don't know.

fire3.jpg

and yes, that is everything of the car that wasn't launced a few hundred feet down the road. Estimated speed was 110-120

Dear God. That is amazing.

On alighter note....John, what ever happened to that 351???

No, I meant the 351 out of the Pantera....you didn't post it, Joe did....I just got my wires crossed and called him John.
You have a 356? That is one of my favortie cars in the world. Have thought about getting one as a weekend and spring car for years.

You have a 356? That is one of my favortie cars in the world. Have thought about getting one as a weekend and spring car for years.

Sure do! It needs restoration though. I went up to Michigan a few years ago to pick it up. I had the plans for the full body restoration. The day I got back my wife dropped the "Suprise, I'm pregnant" bomb on me. She then quit a really well paying job to be able to stay at home with the last baby. :D She's going to college for her Nursing degree right now. She wants to be a Trauma Nurse (Level 1). :rolleyes: As soon as she starts working, we have agreed the Porshe becomes a priority again. It was all worth her being able to stay home until the little one goes to Kindergarten.

It's a 1954 356 pre A Cabriolet.......................Not to be confused with a Speedster. Serial # 6o423 (423 production Porsche to roll off the line).

On another note here are some pics from an accident a friend sent me pictures of. Appartently this girl was flying around 110 mph when she cut it too close and clipped a Honda. She lost control of Daddys PORSCHE and rolled it into a toll booth.

WARNING! THESE PICTURES ARE VERY GRAPHIC!!!!!!!!!!!
Porsche accident
Porsche accident
Porsche accident
Porsche accident
Graphic accident photo
Very Graphic

Very Graphic

I don't think the Very Graphic links are appropriate. I'm sorry, not griping at you, but having seen many fatality accidents in my 15 years as a volunteer firefighter, I dont' think anyone should ever see this type of stuff. Its terrible and a huge loss to many people (her family) somewhere.

The Pantera had a Ford 351 Cleveland motor....I don't know what happened to it (along with the rest of the Pantera)

I was looking around for a spare engine to build for my car and ran across the picture in the link below. This picture blew me away!

Whoever was driving this $90K car must have been flying when they hit whatever it was that they hit. I see people driving their cars like friggin nut cases all the time, I'll bet they don't consider what it's like to actually hit something at 100mph when they are driving that fast.

Drive careful!!

Park carefully, too. It sucks to be me. :)

Drive careful!!

Damn Andrew, how long you been livin in Rochester and you didn't know not to park there?!? And I could handle being you in regards to the ice damage, but I'd never get used to having that ugly mug!! :sign:

Drive careful!!

My 911 rarely sees water. I didn't know you could park them outside! Heck, maybe you can't!

You had to be sick when you found your car in that condition.

I don't think the Very Graphic links are appropriate. I'm sorry, not griping at you, but having seen many fatality accidents in my 15 years as a volunteer firefighter, I dont' think anyone should ever see this type of stuff. Its terrible and a huge loss to many people (her family) somewhere.

I have to Ditto this one Bro! Too much for some people to look at....and I know, dont look if you dont want to, but part of human nature is curiosity!

Bill

Holy shiate, those are brutal. I knew better then to look but good god, my mistake. I tend to agree that they are too graphic even though you are leaving it up to the individual to click and see them. Curiosity and human nature suck sometimes and some people will click just to see what graphic means to you.. :(