• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Praise for W. Curtis Draper

ManInBlack

I passed through DC on a quick trip last week. After reading the threads on Draper's here, I decided to stop in. What can I say? They are a great bunch of guys who offer a great selection of cigars at really good prices.

My Padron stash was in dire need of replenishment. So, that was the primary purpose of my visit. But, as I always do when I visit a B&M in the US, I wanted to try something else as well. I had never smoked an El Triunfador before, so I asked if they had any. "No," he said, "when we do get those, we only ever get a box or two at most. And they are almost always sold within a couple hours of landing on our shelves." No problem, I thought. And I continued to browse the store. He went off into the back to collect the Padron boxes that I was buying, then came out with a smile on his face. "It's your lucky day," he said. What do you know? They had one box of the El Triunfadors. The problem was that my order was already big enough. And, having never smoked El Triunfadors before, I was really just looking to try them and only wanted a fiver or so. I didn't get halfway through telling him that I really didn't want him to open the box just for me, before he had it open and my fiver out on the counter for me.

If you are ever passing through DC, I highly recommend a stop at Draper's.

The Draper boys are good people. They have some nice events and get dibs on some pretty nice stuff from time to time. Short walk from my office and, unfortunately, I don't get there often enough.

Drappers is the spot. I love going there but their hours don't match eith mine.

I'd love to stop in there sometime, however I don't see myself traveling to the US much in the near future.