• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pre-Embargo Cuban

dixieland_conjunction

If it isn't dixieland, it isn't REAL jazz
Reaction score
Cigar
Unknown brand pre-embargo cuban

Appearance:
This is a FINE looking stick – especially considering its age. I think it left a puddle of oils on my coffee table ;)

Construction:
Perfect squared cap on this robusto

Burn:
Razor’s edge consistent :thumbs:

Ash Color:
Silvery, medium density

Draw
A tad slow

Prelight Aroma
I was positive this was what it was represented to be, because I got it from a source I trust (with no labels). Regardless, the smell would have removed any doubt about its origin ;)

Lit Aroma
Good grief that’s a lot of smoke :0 It was bellowing :p It didn’t smell all that spectacular, but neither did my dad when he was that age :sign:

Strength
It layed me out :0

Percentage Smoked

Taste
In the first inch, I was a disappointed. It was even approaching harsh. I’m glad I stuck with it :D

Overall
A legitimate contender against the above-average Cuban.

Recommend ?
Obviously these can’t be daily smokes since they damn sure aren’t making any more. I picked up five of them for the novelty, but I was quite pleasantly surprised. If you have one already, I recommend you smoke it. If not, it may only be worth it if you know and trust you source. It only takes a couple weeks of bad conditions along the way to ruin a 1950s Cuban. Just something to consider :)

Score

Shaggy foot? If so, it probably would have been a Gurkha. Those are absolutely fantastic, whether you get the 40's or the 50's. Either way, it sounds as if you're smoke was equally as good. Great review Dixie - thanks for sharing! :)