• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Preferred Cigar Magazines

slider9499

I read Smoke and Cigar and have found them to be two quality pubs, especially Ciagr Mag, probably my favorite. Any other pubs out there that are worth looking at? And please, don't even mention CA, a total waste of paper, time and money.

European Cigar Cult Journal

I highly agree! Though this publication comes out roughly 4 times a year, its priceless in the articles and content (which includes ISOM and Non ISOM reporting).

Smoke and Cigar are both good, if only for their articles. The reviews, though wordy and sometimes amusing, are completely ridiculous (I believe its Smoke that rates their cigars on importance of price point (in conjunction with taste, appearance, build, etc....). Highly bizarre!!

Though Cigar Afficianado is more of a "men's journal" type of magazine versus just being solely about cigars, there still are a lot of great cigar oriented articles (as well as cigar reviews that I love to pour over... no wonder I'm so damn poor!!!). In the latest issue, there's a great article regarding Alejandro Robaina. Fascinating and revealing!

Darren

All cigar mags are influenced by their advertisers. You can't believe a word that they have to say. They're simply amusing. The only way to educate oneself about cigars is empirically.

Doc.

All cigar mags are influenced by their advertisers. You can't believe a word that they have to say. They're simply amusing. The only way to educate oneself about cigars is empirically.

Doc.

Very True....

Doc.

I would wholeheartedly agree with you sir...only one problem....I have had a few drinks and I haven't the slightest idea what empirically means....conjures up images of Darth Vader and the Emperor when I mumble it LOL

Let me restate that.....using the context of the statements you made, I would guess that empirically means to try it for yourself and use your own judgement...is that close? :p

If that is the case then I agree with myself on agreeing wholeheartedly...err wholeheartedly LOL.

Yea, you got it. :cool: It means the only way to learn about cigars is smoke them yourself. :thumbs: Book learning just don't cut it. ;)

And by the way, I ain't no Sir. Save that for Brickhouse, High and tight and that crowd. It's difficult enough just being on the same internet as those sir types with out being confused for one of those officers. :sign:

Doc.

I just got my Cigar Colibri torch lighter with my Cigar Magazine. I'm pleased to announce that that torch lighter sucks. Well, I hope the magazine is better. Until I get my first issue, my fav. is Smoke. If I wanted to own jets and golf courses, I would love CA.

yeah what Doc said daum the booklearnin and the booklearnin type....we dont "llow" no booklearnin round these parts sorry Doc lol

but seriouslly the Mags are great readin on the pooper and for impressing all you non-readin buddies

and Boone I do want to own all that good stuff....jus cant afford it ;)

I just got my Cigar Colibri torch lighter with my Cigar Magazine. I'm pleased to announce that that torch lighter sucks. Well, I hope the magazine is better. Until I get my first issue, my fav. is Smoke. If I wanted to own jets and golf courses, I would love CA.

Got the same deal for CM lighter is garbage the magazine is gold I have been reading it since their first issue.

What I love about it is that every article is cigar related. Theyhave ratings too but the in deph interviews and articles will blow you away :thumbs:

I only buy the annual Top 25 Cigars from CA, just because they show 25 more sticks and a little more about them.

I prefer CM to the other mags since 98% of the mag focus's(sp?) on cigars. I do get Smoke and CA,both still have some decent articles. I've never seen the Euro Cigar Journal at any of the shops of mag stores by me so I can't comment on that one.

European Cigar Cult Journal

What's that silly expression? "WORD" Is that it? ???

In case I'm using the wrong slang here, I totally agree with Josh. ECCJ is by far the best cigar magazine out there. :thumbs:

ECCJ is def. at the top of my list. There are a lot less ads, they don't use that dumb 100-point system [FYI from what I've heard, the rating system has a +/- of up to 6pts., so that "84" rated could be anywhere from a "90" to a "78"], and the interviews are more in-depth.

When is someone going to start a CigarPass Quarterly magazine? I wouldn't mind taking that mag to the crapper! :)

I read Smoke and Cigar and have found them to be two quality pubs, especially Ciagr Mag, probably my favorite. Any other pubs out there that are worth looking at? And please, don't even mention CA, a total waste of paper, time and money.

Penthouse!