• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Priority Mail

Shiba

CP's Official Mortgage Broker
I just wanted to let you all know, in case you didn't know already, that begining the first of the year, the USPS Priority Mail rates are being raised. The standard 5'er pack that currently costs us $3.85, will cost us $4.05. DC will go from .45 to .50. Not a real big deal but thought it was worth of passing on. :)

Here is the LINK to the PDF File that outlines all of this.

Edited to add link....

Shiba said:
I just wanted to let you all know, in case you didn't know already, that begining the first of the year, the USPS Priority Mail rates are being raised. The standard 5'er pack that currently costs us $3.85, will cost us $4.05. Not a real big deal but thought it was worth of passing on. :)
[snapback]252236[/snapback]​

Bastards. This is gonna cost millions!

Hey Moki, next time you wanna send cigars to say...um...Alaska, you could try this: box 'em up, got to the airport, hand 'em to some stranger going to Alaska, and say,"Would you do me a favor? Since you're heading his way, drop this off with my good friend PetersCreek. Oh...and here's $3.85 for your trouble."

Kinda puts it in perspective doesn't it? (heh)

PetersCreek said:
Hey Moki, next time you wanna send cigars to say...um...Alaska, you could try this: box 'em up, got to the airport, hand 'em to some stranger going to Alaska, and say,"Would you do me a favor? Since you're heading his way, drop this off with my good friend PetersCreek. Oh...and here's $3.85 for your trouble."

Kinda puts it in perspective doesn't it? (heh)
[snapback]252244[/snapback]​

That's how it used to work, until someone realized that just "heading this way" was enough to pay his way and back, and the first postal services were born.

Though usually quickly controlled by the government when started privately, the U.S. Postal service is a relatively young government postal service in global terms.

Right now they are coasting a wave of discrete increases much as has the Federal Reserve.

But something's gotta give.

In all fairness, the USPS rates are really cheap as it is compared to Fedex and UPS for comparable service. (ie: 2 day delivery)

Hard to complain... and I'm a die hard fedex shipper, but when its light weight - I usually use USPS priority mail, and will continue to do so even at the new rates - however I agree with Moki, it will "raise" millions for USPS thats for sure.

Toaster said:
Hard to complain... and I'm a die hard fedex shipper, but when its light weight - I usually use USPS priority mail, and will continue to do so even at the new rates - however I agree with Moki, it will "raise" millions for USPS thats for sure.
[snapback]253595[/snapback]​

I agree with what you've said. I have my FedEx account for things that need special attention and speedy delivery (RIP Mr Rogers). However, for smaller things that have to be sent, USPS is the way to go for me.

GO POSTAL!!! :angry2:

Darren :sign:

Agreed!!! Somewhere I saw that UPS was going to raise their rates the begining of the year as well. Such is life...