• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Problems with CC 's and customs

I've got an idea... get a better source than internet retailers from switzerland.

Well, it all depends on what people prefer between vendors, and sometimes prices, shipping time, and customer service are persuading enough.

Call me old school, but I say half the fun is figuring a way to get them here YOURSELF. Not sitting around waiting for a package to come to your door.

Interesting read!

We in Holland and Belgium have a lot of problems with Swiss vendors they indeed put cigars on the packages and the value! If customs in Holland finds cigars they will seize them! In Belgium you can pay a fine to collect them!

btw the reason we buy from the Swiss is the price! CC are legal in our countries.

Rene

I noticed that. The last two packages I've seen does have the word cigars on the green form.
I noticed the same thing. I had already ordered some RASCC by the time they arrived.

I may not order from that vendor anymore. A pity because they have the best prices and the products have been fine.

Interesting read!

We in Holland and Belgium have a lot of problems with Swiss vendors they indeed put cigars on the packages and the value! If customs in Holland finds cigars they will seize them! In Belgium you can pay a fine to collect them!

btw the reason we buy from the Swiss is the price! CC are legal in our countries.

Rene

Do you get up to Amsterdam very often? I route all of my trips to Africa and Asia through Amsterdam just to go to P.G.C Hajenius. I love that shop!

Interesting read!

Rene

Do you get up to Amsterdam very often? I route all of my trips to Africa and Asia through Amsterdam just to go to P.G.C Hajenius. I love that shop!

I do not go to Amsterdam very often, my shop is Oliva Cigar Lounge in "S-Hertogenbosch.
Hajenius is a marvelous shop!

Rene

Correct sir.
Declaration value and legibility of the word "cigars" varies by vendor of course. :cool:

This is the best post on the issue. Yes, vendors in the duty-free zone are now required to declare contents as "cigars". It seems that handwriting in this area has suffered dramatically after this came about. :whistling:

They must have the situation under control because a friend of a friend of a friend recently communicated with several vendors shipping out of this region and all claim to be adhering to the new regulation and report packages are arriving as scheduled if not faster than they previously had.

Does anyone have any proof that this has actually lead to an increase in seizures??

Well I always got "cigars" listed on bandless boxes shipped from Switzerland, but something random on banded boxes.

If banded boxes now say that, then you're screwed. My experience is that customs opens 25% or more of boxes labeled cigars.

They must have the situation under control because a friend of a friend of a friend recently communicated with several vendors shipping out of this region and all claim to be adhering to the new regulation and report packages are arriving as scheduled if not faster than they previously had.

Does anyone have any proof that this has actually lead to an increase in seizures??

Haven't heard anything of the sort.

Haven't heard anything of the sort.

Besides being stated in the OP here and in the same thread over on CF, I haven't heard anything either. Not for nothing, but if this had already become an issue and lead to "significantly increased seizures during the past month or two" I think the boards would be some of the first to know about it. Not saying there's no cause for concern but I haven't heard of a single issue yet. Just saying.....

Between myself and another friend we've got #3 shipments from 2 different vendors without any problems since this "regulation" took effect. As previously stated, legibility will vary. This is something to keep en eye on, but for now I don't see any major changes in my future.

I hear Australian packages aren't having any problems. You will pay more, but at least you will get them.

My shipment was waiting for me on my doorstep. It did indeed say "cigars" right on the package.

[quote name='Smok'em' date='04 March 2010 - 06:24 PM' timestamp='1267755889' post='951884']
[quote name='dagoR6' date='04 March 2010 - 01:55 AM' timestamp='1267685720' post='951551']
My experience is that customs opens 25% or more of boxes labeled cigars.
[/quote]

Are you able to elaborate more on this high %?
[/quote]

Sounds like total speculation. Back in my day of being a mortal internet shopper, I ordered tons and tons smokes from all over the world and have never had one package opened...

I hear Australian packages aren't having any problems. You will pay more, but at least you will get them.

Then you heard wrong.

From my experience,packages from AUS always get here with no problem at all.
I'm using this vendor for years now and never had any trouble what so ever.
Although their prices are a little high then other places but I trust them
and the service is great.

From my experience,packages from AUS always get here with no problem at all.
I'm using this vendor for years now and never had any trouble what so ever.
Although their prices are a little high then other places but I trust them
and the service is great.

Same experience here - figure the little extra is worth it as the service is top notch and I have never had a problem with delivery.