• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Props to Tower Cigars

sinnyc

Tibi ipsi esto fidelis.
A few weeks ago when Tower Cigar was running a great sale I ordered a box of Illusione 2s and a box of Tatuaje Havana VI Artistas from them. They showed up promptly and well packed but when I opened the boxes I found some issues. Although the wood box looked perfect, at least a third of the Illusiones had significant cap and upper wrapper damage, as if the box had been tossed around pretty roughly. I smoked a few of the damaged ones (thinking I would let the good ones lie for a while) and, while it wasn’t a totally pleasant experience with the wrappers unraveling a bit, the cigars were otherwise good.

And the Tatuajes were horrendous. The box had not been properly built at the factory and one of the hinges was tucked under the lid, leaving a significant air gap. The cigars were dry to the point of being unsmokeable. I was bummed but figured I would try to slowly re-humidify and see what happened in a month or two.

I had been super busy around then and didn’t get around to contacting Tower for over a week after I got their shipment and by that point I had smoked a few of each brand. I emailed a rundown of what I had found as sort of an FYI to Tower. Since I had smoked some of the cigars and so much time had passed since the order, I didn’t even ask for anything. I didn't want to come off like I was scamming them but I did want them to be aware of the issues, particularly with the Illuiones since it looked like shipping damage and I thought he could have other boxes like that. I figured I would make the best of it and have better luck next time.

Mark emailed me back within a few hours asking me to send the remainder back for immediate replacement. Before I could respond to the email, he called me to say that it was unacceptable to him that I was unsatisfied with my order. He asked me to pack up what was left and return them and told me not to worry about the ones I had smoked. Beyond that, he told me he would get my replacements in the mail immediately and that he would inspect and pack them himself to make sure they were in good shape. Now get this: he told me he would send them out BEFORE he got my originals back. I had never done business with him before – he didn’t know me from Adam. And yet he insisted that we do it this way so that I had quality cigars in my possession as quickly as possible.

To me, that is customer service waaaay above and beyond. I’ll also mention that after we had taken care of the nitty gritty details of the exchange, we chatted for another 30 minutes about cigars in general and had a fine talk. He's a heck of a nice guy.

Mark, thanks for everything, I really appreciate your efforts. I am more than satisfied and the replacement cigars are perfect – and damn tasty!

- Tim

Thanks for the info. Always good to have a list of dealers that excell in customer service. I've ordered from Tower before and never had any problems. Nice to know they take care of their customers, should a problem arise.

Kevin

Yes, Mark and his Father (John) are up and up good guys. John and I have beat the pill around a bit (golf) and you couldn't ask for a finer gentleman. I stop by the shop, whenever I can. It's on my way home from work.

John always showed up on the 1st tee, with a new smoke for me to try out. :cool:

To me, that is customer service waaaay above and beyond. I’ll also mention that after we had taken care of the nitty gritty details of the exchange, we chatted for another 30 minutes about cigars in general and had a fine talk. He's a heck of a nice guy.

Mark, thanks for everything, I really appreciate your efforts. I am more than satisfied and the replacement cigars are perfect – and damn tasty!

Mark came heavily recommended to me by some of the guys here, and I took that advice. I've never been disappointed.
I couldn't recommend a vendor any higher.

Great customer service can NEVER be valued. Word of mouth is the BEST advertising a business could ask for.

Kudos to Tower!

Ciao

I recently ordered a couple of boxes from Mark and they came super quick, the prices were great and the cigars were in great condition. I will definitely buy from him again.

Whenever I go in there he is always very informative and nice. I've taken some friends in there that weren't sure what they wanted to smoke and he was very helpful to them.

Mark is good people, as is Tower. One of my personal favorites for online shopping. You cannot go wrong with them.

I have the utmost satisfaction with each and every dealing I have had with Tower. Top Shelf all the way and highly recommended.

Cheers,
antaean

That is top notch customer service. I have never ordered from Tower (I wanted to order during the sale but unfortunately was unable to) but hearing this kind of report makes me know I will most likely order from them in the future.

That kind of customer service is almost impossible to find. Good job!