• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Puppy Pass

yup... they guy buys salmon locally from processors and makes these things. Some dogs don't like them, but I'd say a large majority do. We'll see what George's gang thinks about them, now that they know what they are getting! :angry:

:laugh: :laugh: :cool:

ree ree robusto said:
Has this thing landed yet George?
[snapback]278987[/snapback]​

Nope - not yet... I just checked the DC# through USPS - it does not show delivered as of yet. My post guy is great about bringing the packages to the door and knocking. If we're not home, he always does a nice job of hiding it from public view on the front porch - I know where to look, but no one else would likely see it unless they actually came to the door. I've been home when the mail arrived on Saturday, Yesterday - and I will be here today (in the next hour or so). I'm sure it will be okay, just delayed because it's coming from Alaska...

As far as my pair of pooches. Yes - believe it or not - I do get the "Awww, how cute!!! Is the little the big ones baby?" I agree - I don't know how anyone could think that, but it is funny when it's said. I say, (as Bill Engvall would say) "Here's your sign!!!" :laugh:

And yes, they get along fairly well.The big one every so often picks on the little one. I was able to curb a lot of that with the training collars (that, and running out into the street and chasing cars). For the little bit of "inconveninence" the dogs have had in wearing the collars, it sure does curb some nasty behavior. I reinforce it with special "treats" when they do good things - so I'm looking forward to see what Swissy sent. They like just about anything I offer, so I'm sure they'll like what was sent...

Just checked - pass is here... I'm getting together puts/takes as we speak!!!

Dog treats look awesome - puppies are outside playing right now. I'll report their reaction in a bit...

Edited to add dog's reaction to the treats:

The Smoked salmon went over very well with both. Orion (Rottweiler/Boxer) scarfed that down and was looking for seconds. Princess (Min Pin) took hers to a neutral corner, sniffed it for a bit - and then carefully ate it. It seems she may have been a bit intimidated by the size of the treat, but did ultimately like it. She too eagerly came back for seconds.

As far as the "Yummy Chummies". I probably destroyed Orion's taste buds with the Smoked Salmon treat. She eagerly took the Yummie Chummie, but spit it out, looking instead for the Smoked Salmon treat. Princess, on the other hand, eagerly ate the Yummy Chummie. I gave them several of the Yummy Chummies to see if it was just an initial reaction, but actually the reaction was exactly the same each time... (footnote - Orion did eventually clean up the Yummy Chummies she spit out after she realized she wasn't going to get any more Smoked Salmon treats).

Ok - going to try and get this out the door today...

DC#: 0103 8555 7496 2382 0037

Puts/Takes:

Takes:

7. SLR A
10. AF Anejo #46 (one of my favs :love: )
11. AF Anejo #55
15. Opus X Petit Lancero
17. WOAM
28. Padron '26 #1

Puts:

34: Mag 46 (05/04)
35. AVO LE05 (Another of my favs :love: )
36. Davidoff Robusto Intenso (LE - '05)
37. Opus X Super Belicoso
38. Cuesta-Rey Stanford's Cameroon Reserve (LE) ( :love: )
39. Casa Fuente Robusto
40. AF 8-5-8 SG

I've got everything ready to go - I'm sure this should be okay with everyone - just give me the signal and it's out the door...

Oh thank God... I was getting worried! But a few items I sent out ( :whistling: ) seem to have been slow in getting delivered. Must be the cold up here :laugh:

George, sounds like the treats were a hit, for the most part. I probably should have mentioned that the 'bones' should be used as a'special' treat... the chummys are a more everyday thing. I sent some to our dogs' breeders, who also show, and they begged for more. They said they were a great show ring treat- smaller, easy to handle, very aromatic (!) and the dogs seemed to love them. So when we drove to Seattle 2 years ago I filled the top carrier on my truck with about 30 pounds of them for the 2 breeders! :laugh: My guys like 'em so much their treat word is not 'cookie' or 'treat' or anything like that... it's 'Chummy'! I just sent Ryan 3 bags (2.5# each!) for his pup! Good thing they fit in a USPS flat rate box... saved $10 on shipping! :cool:

EDIT: sorry- had to run out the door on a fire call... hit post instead of preview! The P/T's look ok George... Wonder if the LE05 will make it home... :whistling:

Ok - this "puppy" is on the way to hudsonvalley!!! Heads up!!!

Hey George...
every look ok? How was the RH? the little thingy I added should be able to recall highs/lows during the travel... I'm kinda curious to see how it did from Alaska to you!

Thanks for playing... and your doggies too!

Swissy said:
Wonder if the LE05 will make it home... :whistling:
[snapback]280299[/snapback]​

That is one fine cigar. Temptation is gonna be great if that one winds up in Tennessee. :p

cigarsarge said:
Swissy said:
Wonder if the LE05 will make it home...  :whistling:
[snapback]280299[/snapback]​

That is one fine cigar. Temptation is gonna be great if that one winds up in Tennessee. :p
[snapback]280381[/snapback]​

I suppose that at this point there is no use even thinking about what will make it home! :laugh: I'm sure it will rotate thru a number of times before it arrives back to me... :cool: (I hope it does... part of the fun!)

Swissy said:
Hey George...
every look ok? How was the RH? the little thingy I added should be able to recall highs/lows during the travel... I'm kinda curious to see how it did from Alaska to you!

Thanks for playing... and your doggies too!
[snapback]280367[/snapback]​

Everything looked great, Jim. The RH was reading 85%, but the hygrometer was right next to the tube of beads. I put it on the other side of the container, sealed it for a bit, and rechecked - it was at 67% when I later checked...

I think the doggie's more enthustiastically played the pass better than I did (although there was a little squeal when the box was found at the door - I don't know where that came from... :whistling: )

Anyways, thanks for having me - it is a great pass!!!

ree ree robusto said:
Damn, you took all the Anejo's. :( Bastid. :p
[snapback]280491[/snapback]​

Now, now, Ryan... I put in an AVO LE05, a Davidoff Robusto Intenso (if you've not tried it, you MUST - it's a GREAT cigar). There's also a Casa Fuente and an 8-5-8 Sungrown... all are hard to find - all are great smokes...

The point of my story is - Ryan, when you can't get Anejo's you must broaden your horizon my friend... ;) :p :laugh:

ree ree robusto said:
Damn, you took all the Anejo's. :( Bastid. :p
[snapback]280491[/snapback]​
....Swissy scheduled me last, hoping I'd pitch a couple of my #48's in there.... :p

Looking forward to seeing how this one goes - B.B.S.

y'know, there is something to be said for being able to set the order! (was I that transparent? :laugh: )

Just make it good... :thumbs:

:laugh:

ggiese said:
(although there was a little squeal when the box was found at the door - I don't know where that came from... :whistling: )
[snapback]280400[/snapback]​

I'll bet you had to throw your panties away after that! :cool:

JOE.M. said:
ggiese said:
(although there was a little squeal when the box was found at the door - I don't know where that came from... :whistling: )
[snapback]280400[/snapback]​

I'll bet you had to throw your panties away after that! :cool:
[snapback]280757[/snapback]​

You been peeking??? :sign:

Hopefully this is here or will be soon. Here are my proposed p/t:

8) Sancho Panza Belicosos ISOM
9) Vegas Robaina Famosos ISOM
19) CAO Brazilia Lamaba
24) Hoyo de Nicaragua Antano 1970 Belicoso

Juan Lopez - Seleccion No.2 ISOM
Saint Luis Rey - Regios ISOM
Partagas Spanish Rosado San Agustin
Camacho SLR Toro

I picked this up this morning. Waiting on my p/t approval or suggestions. I really need to get this done really fast or it will have to wait till Monday. I am leaving EARLY Saturday to see my daughter in New Orleans. Box is sitting in my humi/cooler.