• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PYRAT PLANTERS XO RS 750

They've been running that price for awhile off and on and its a fantastic buy. If you like sipping rum they also have Ron Zacapa on sale for about $28..... like sipping sarsaparilla in the moon light. ;)

I don't think I've ever had a "good" rum. what is the tasting profile of a quality rum?

Damn, besides my humidor filling up now my liquer cabinet is going to fill up as well.

:cool:

Much like cigars, depending on where the rum was made has allot to do with the taste. The best sipping rum IMO is Ron Zacapa but there are many others that are very good. I also like the Appleton Estate 21 even though it is a very different taste compared to the Zacapa.

NorCalCigarLover said:
So these are sipping rums. So the 23 yr. old from Hitimewine is the one for a rum newbie?

[snapback]187259[/snapback]​
For a rum newbie I recommend Appleton Estate XO (JAM), Ron Zacapa (GUA), Zaya (GUA), Cruzan Estate Single Barrel (VI), Flor de Cana Centenario (VI). I havent tried the Appleton 21, but I am sure it is good.

Emo

NorCalCigarLover said:
Thanks for the recommendations emodx. What about the Neisson Rhum Agricole line? any good?

[snapback]187273[/snapback]​
Haven't seen it in my travels far and wide.

Emo

Damn you AVB! I'm holding you personally responsible for the upgrade in the quality of my liquor cabinet ;)

I picked up two Rums, the Pyrat Planters XO and the Neisson Rhum Agrocole Eleve Sous Bois.

I'm just the scotch guy, you have to blame somebody else for rums. I would be interested in a review of the Neisson when it come in.