• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quad State Herf 7 - Saturday, Aug 11th

Hey Charlie, I just wanted to make sure my payment arrived. I realized that I didn't write my CP username on the note, and you had no way of knowing it was me. My bad. I sent payment for myself (Joe Sorbello) and my friend (Adam Paddock) last Thursday. Thanks.

Hey Charlie, I just wanted to make sure my payment arrived. I realized that I didn't write my CP username on the note, and you had no way of knowing it was me. My bad. I sent payment for myself (Joe Sorbello) and my friend (Adam Paddock) last Thursday. Thanks.

Hello Joe, yes, your payment arrived and cashed today. See you and Adam in 2 weeks....... :->

Charlie,
I just woke from a looooooooooooooogg nap. What is going on over there? Maybe I can drop in that afternoon, if space allows...

Alph

Charlie,
I just woke from a looooooooooooooogg nap. What is going on over there? Maybe I can drop in that afternoon, if space allows...

Alph

Hello Alph,

Good to see you woke up and stopped in. There's always room for you brother, the only thing is we are out of goodie bags as we reached the 200 guest threshold a good month ago. Not to worry as they'll be a number of reps there handing out cigars as well. Hope to see you next Saturday the 11th....... :thumbs:

Charlie

ok charlie i am the slacker of all slackers but my check went into the mailbox today and should already be on its way to you.
i apologize for the delays sir.

ok charlie i am the slacker of all slackers but my check went into the mailbox today and should already be on its way to you.
i apologize for the delays sir.

No problem Pito, have a great weekend. I'll let you know when your payment arrives....... :thumbs:

Looking forward to meeting you and a ton of other folks!

Well guys, we are 5 days out and Sean has posted the menu on Facebook, here it is:

https://www.facebook.com/events/372386759439078/

Charlie, the cook team is ready and looking forward to this Saturday. This year we have members coming in from as far away as Kansas to help out.

We will serving 2 separate complete meals with snacks in between to make sure that nobody is hungry.

The menu for the day looks like this;

Lunch; 1130-1300 (11:30 - 1PM)
Assorted grilled Esposito sausages;
Italian w/ provolone & broccoli rabe
Italian w/ peppers & onions
Bratwurst
Chicken w/ jalapeño & cheddar
Andouille
KC Style BBQ ribs
Assorted salads & sides

Snacks; 1400-1500 (2pm - 3pm)
Texas Brisket nachos
Smokey Chicken wings

Dinner 1630-1830 (4:30 - 6:30)
Big Guns award winning Pulled Pork
Simply Marvelous BBQ Chicken Breast
Santa Maria Tri Tip
Assorted sides and salads

And last but not least, Ryan and the Depot Wines & Liquor team will be onsite setting up an exclusive whiskey tasting for everyone's enjoyment.

Looks like its going to be another great year!

What is the plan from the boys from the Bronx and Manhattan?

Charlie I was just plugging the addy in my phone for GPS and it is pulling up a diffrent zip code. You list 10996 and my phone is coming up with 12518.
Is there 2 Zip codes?

Paul

charlie that sounds way too yummy cant wait

Same here Pito, I was drooling when Sean and I talked the other night and he was telling me all about it. Not sure if you saw the PM brother, but you payment arrived, you guys are good to go....... :thumbs:

What is the plan from the boys from the Bronx and Manhattan?

Anthony, I'm sure they are bringing plenty of bail money...... :sign:

No wonder they call you " The Herf King ". Sounds delicious. Can't wait. . . .

The veteran Quad State Herfers know, you ain't seen nothin' yet....... :whistling:

Charlie I was just plugging the addy in my phone for GPS and it is pulling up a diffrent zip code. You list 10996 and my phone is coming up with 12518.
Is there 2 Zip codes?

Paul

10996 is for West Point - Round Pond and 12518 is for Cornwall which is the next town over where I live....... :thumbs:

Updated Information in reference to the event.
As the weather guessers are predicting rain we are prepared for any weather situation. We have a large pavillion on location and this year we will have 2 large tents being erected as well to protect the guests from any inclement weather.

As far as a time line goes, here’s what we have scheduled so far:

10 am - 12 noon (or when ever you can get here) Check-in and welcome.
1130 – 1 pm Lunch: Assorted grilled Sausages & KC Style Ribs (along with sides and salads)
12 noon Official welcome and introductions
2 pm – 3 pm Snacks: Texas Brisket Nachos & Smokey Chicken Wings
2:30 pm First set of raffles
4:30 pm – 6:30 pm Dinner: Big Guns award winning Pulled Pork, BBQ chicken breast and Santa Maria Tri Tip (along with sides and salads)
5:30 pm Second set of raffles

We have the pavilion until 8 pm so there’s no rush to leave as we will have plenty of food, drinks and cigars to enjoy. For those that are traveling, be safe and I’ll see you all soon....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around much. Been working day & night to beat this economy into submission. Between building a wine cellar, ashtrays & all the audio stuff I wonder myself how I do it. BUT!!! no matter what, I'll always make time to make an ashtray for the QSH. I just confirmed delivery to Charlie's address, it made it safely. I won't make it to the event but I do want to wish everyone good luck and I hope everyone has a fantstic time. In addition, since there's going to be BBQ, I wanted to share my rockin' BBQ rub recipes known as "BBQ Bill's great tastin' grub rubs" with you guys.

This is a recipe for Beef Brisket. It is amazing, trust me. Rub this on your beef BBQ & you'll be in heaven

3 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
2 tablespoons table salt
1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoons mustard powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons chili or ancho powder
1 teaspoon chipotle or cayenne powder​
Cook at 225 degrees til the internal temp is 190 degrees. The meat will hit a "stall" at about 150 to 160 degrees and can stay there for a few hours. You will betempted to turn up the heat, DON'T DO IT!. This is the time that the connective tissue starts to break down and the meat starts to sweat. |It actually cools itself this way. For a brisket you're looking at anywhere from 8 to 14 hours depending on its size. Figure about 1 hr per pound.

Put this one on your Pork ribs or pork Butt and you'll think you're in heaven. This is my own recipe. Took a loooong time to perfect.

1/2c dark brown sugar
1/2c white sugar
1/2c paprika
1/3c garlic powder
1/4c onion flakes
1/2c kosher salt
1T chili powder
1T oregano
1tsp cayenne
1tsp ground cumin
1T ground black pepper
1T adobo

Mix well breaking up any lumps. Cover ribs thoroughly and give them a tap on the cutting board to leave an even coat. Refrigerate over night.
3-2-1 is next.
3 hours of smoke @ 180 degrees
2 hours in aluminum foil with brown sugar rubbed all over, 2tbsp of apple juice or 2 ounces of water & an even coat of honey. Be sure to rap them up tightly.
1 hour @ 225 degrees back in the smoker.

Times and temp may vary depending on the size of the rack. This timing is for a big rack or 2. Cook until the meat has pulled about 1/4 inch away from the end of the bones. This is great on ribs, chicken, pork butts, even omelets and potatoes. Let me know if you enjoy that. Next time it'll be my sauce. A little more tweaking and I'll have the sauce perfected. Enjoy

I'm sorry but It must suck to be veegan, besides, if God didn't want us to eat cows, they wouldn't taste like meat. ;-)​