• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question about some water damage

2K6TBSS

I ordered some ISOMs, and took delivery on Monday. After opening the shipping package, I decided that I should do a quick quality check (make sure there are no blemishes in the sticks). The five pack of Siglo IVs I purchased looked good, until I opened the outer box. From the pics below, it looks like there are signs of water damage, are these sticks salvageable? It doesn't look like there is any damage to the sticks themselves (other than they are a bit soggy, no blown foot or anything like that), so thinking that time in the humi will dry them out enough to smoke???

FYI - I also contacted the vendor that I used, and they are sending me out a replacement box. I asked if I should send the "damaged" sticks back, and they told me that they didn't want then back and to just keep them. Don't want to throw away sticks if they can be salvaged.

Here are a couple pics...

DSC00739.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

Only way to know for sure is to try it. But I'm guessing they'll taste "off"

If they are still wet....dry box (or bag) them away from other smokes...in case mold has started.

After they are not as damp...just smoke them.

:thumbs:

They shouldn't taste 'off'...at lest not the whole smoke, maybe(but I wouldn't think so) maybe, the foot a little.
Once they dry they should be fine.

If they are still wet....dry box (or bag) them away from other smokes...in case mold has started.

They shouldn't taste 'off'...at lest not the whole smoke, maybe(but I wouldn't think so) maybe, the foot a little.

So is "dry box" just putting them in a box (or tupperware) alone with no humidification? Sorry for the newb question. I don't have any boxes at the house, but can pick one up from my B&M; he has dozens laying around...

So is "dry box" just putting them in a box (or tupperware) alone with no humidification? Sorry for the newb question. I don't have any boxes at the house, but can pick one up from my B&M; he has dozens laying around...

Just leave them out on a table, or the like.

thumbs-up.gif

Pretty much.

A box or empty humi would be good, that way the cedar can help wick the moisture out of the smoke. It may take a few days...or longer, especially if it's soaked.

Thanks for the help guys! I will pickup an empty box today and let these sit for a while!

Put a hair blower on them.........or you can do what Gary said :D

I had a couple water damaged sticks and did just that. The taste profile for me was a little off, but they smoked well none the less. It looks like only a couple of the sticks had water damage, are the other three ok?

I had a couple water damaged sticks and did just that. The taste profile for me was a little off, but they smoked well none the less. It looks like only a couple of the sticks had water damage, are the other three ok?

The 2 outer sticks were the worst. The other 3 are much better, the 2nd from the end (on the right) had some damage, but the other 2 don't appear to have any damage. All 5 are on the soggy side, but I am going to try time in a dry box and see what happens. I guess worst case is I have to toss them, best case is I am forced to smoke them!