• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quick thoughts on the NUB connecticut 460

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
I smoked my first NUB tonight the Connecticut wrapper 460

1) Way too monotonous. the cigar tasted the same from beginning to end.

2) Way too mild, sure it was a Connecticut wrapper, but the website says its a COMPLEX (see above) MEDIUM smoke. No I'm sorry Oliva, this thing had less flavor than a 5 Vegas Gold (and thats a bad thing).

3) Other than that it burned well, had a perfect draw, but a flaky loose ash (so much for that "ash stand").

I wouldn't recommend this cigar to anyone. Time for them to go back to the drawing board I think.

I have never been a fan of Connecticut wrappers to begin with, and this cigar firmly showed me why.

I still want to give the Cameroon (my favorite wrapper) NUB a spin, but I certainly won't be picking anymore of these up, in the near future, unless they decide to pep them up (a little ligero or centro gordo goes a long way...hint! hint!).

:thumbs: out of :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I'm sorry Oliva, this thing had less flavor than a 5 Vegas Gold (and thats a bad thing).
It is indeed.

And to think, I almost stopped by the local B&M to pick up a selection to try.

Wilkey

This is very interesting. I generally like cigars by Oliva. I havent heard one good thing about the Nub.
Now I have to try them to see what this is all about.
I will say that I did buy some boxes of the Serie V when they first came out. The first half was pretty tasty, and the second half was more akin to some of the Nub descriptions I'm reading. Chemical, bitter, etc.
My Olivas are smoking phenomenal now. I wonder if this could apply to the Nub?

I kinda enjoyed the Habano I had. The Connecticut was a lot more bland, and I agree with it being along the lines of the Vegas 5. Up in NE, it is pretty easy to do the ash stands, I think it may have to do with climate. My friend and I smoked them both all the way to the nub with only the burnt tobacco end falling off. If we lit em correctly, I'm sure the whole thing would have stayed firm. I guess these are more novelty than anything... the fat ring gauge feels pretty unique, though.

I have smoked them all, and I have to say that the Habano was the best one. I would not smoke the others again, nor would I recommed them to anyone.

The Nording Torpedo seems to have filled this nitch a while ago...short, fat and gobs of smoke with not much else to offer. In my opinion the RP Nording was better than any of the 3 NUB's I have tried. Plus the name....? Sounds like they are marketing to the "CLUB" crowds.

The NUB's are about the most ridiculous looking cigars imaginable. I would feel like a total ass smoking one in public. And they would have to taste unbelievably good for me to hide somewhere and smoke it alone unseen, and apparently they fall short of that. So I think I'll probably pass on them.

I completely agree on the fact that these taste the same beginning to the end. To bad that taste isn't delicious. :(

The NUB's are about the most ridiculous looking cigars imaginable. I would feel like a total ass smoking one in public.

That's a pretty ridiculous statement in itself. It's one thing to not like the ring gauge and to prefer other lengths, but to worry about what you look like smoking it in front of others is pretty silly... Are we to assume you don't smoke Lanceros in public for the same reason?

and the second half was more akin to some of the Nub descriptions I'm reading. Chemical, bitter, etc.

None of that Chemical, Bitter taste to the Connecticut... just lots of blandness.

And in regards to the looks of the cigar, its just the same as when your smoking a large ring cigar of greater length and get down to the 4 inch mark. I smoked my NUB at the bar and didn't feel silly about it at all because of looks, I felt damn silly that I smoked a crappy cigar down to the last inch though when I could have thrown it away and lit up a delicious Graycliff DE that I had in my pocket humidor instead.

Never again.

I smoked the cameroon torpedo and liked it alot...The Habano was terrible though.

The NUB's are about the most ridiculous looking cigars imaginable. I would feel like a total ass smoking one in public.

That's a pretty ridiculous statement in itself. It's one thing to not like the ring gauge and to prefer other lengths, but to worry about what you look like smoking it in front of others is pretty silly... Are we to assume you don't smoke Lanceros in public for the same reason?

It reminds me of Gary Larson "Far Side" comic. A bunch of cave people smoking logs.

Thank you everyone who reviewed the cigar. I will not be buying one in the near future.

No, I feel completely fine and secure smoking Lancero's in public. They are a totally normal looking cigar, to me, and have been around for a long time. In fact, panatellas used to be the most popular cigar size.

I think it's perfectly fine if someone feels this cigar is not ridiculous looking. More power to you. I do and I would feel ridiculous. No need to worry about my personal insecurities about smoking these strangely proportioned cigars though, I just thought I would share my thoughts and concerns. YMMV- as they say.