• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quintero y Hermano cigars

Smokin Joe

Have any of you tried any of these? I am curious to hear your opinions.

They are quite inexpensive (box of 25 shipped for $50-$60) and I was just curious if they were any good.

Please share your experiences and opinions if any.

Thanks,
Joe

LMGTFY. :)

"The manufacturing is actually pretty decent, no problems with unravelling, relatively even burn, good draw. You really need to smoke this slow otherwise it get BITTER as hell and tastes like burning pine. The first third has some flavor a little tobacco flavor and some coffee, the middle third starts to get a more pronounced flavor but quickly turns bitter like over cooked espresso. I smoke this one once after work with a beer and once in the evening after dinner with water, both times I had a relatively similar experience with these. Overall I don’t think this cigar really tastes Cuban. I won’t buy these again."

Of the Quintero, the Panatela is my favorite. It is a tight, compact mm and has a fine elegant wrapper. The Brevas, available in mazo, are less interesting looking but still very smokeable. These are well made, smokeable cigars.

Cheers
Drew P

I always try to keep some Brevas around, good smoke for the money. I've had a few from Quintero. There isn't a lot of complexity. It's just your raw Cuban tobacco. I enjoy them.

-Gianni-

They are great bargain smokes that give you a taste of what cuban is. I really enjoy them and as most people have said with a year or two their great smokes.

It's a decent inexpensive smoke that seems to do the trick when it's not a special occasion and you feel like relaxing on the back porch. I've never gotten a rough or bitter aftertaste and for the price point, it's not too bad. I think it's a nice little breakfast smoke with a mild-medium coffee.

You'd never mistake one for a VR Don Alejandro but they are perfectly serviceable yard gars and really aren't bad at all with a few years on them. I usually keep a couple of boxes of machine mades around for times when I know I'll probably have to toss the cigar before too long.

- Tim

Back