• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ramon Allones 8-9-8 from 2001

traveldude

Ramon Allones 8-9-8 from 2001
43 ring gauge, 6 ¾ inches

The construction was flawless with a good oily sheen. The draw and burn were great (not too loose and not too tight).

The first half of the cigar gave hints of sweet apricots, drops of cream with a rich woody finish. The strength was medium. This continued until the halfway point when the strength increased and flavors of coffee, spice and earth joined the profile. I was in Havana heaven and savoring every puff.

By the time I reached the last 2 inches the cigar was full bodied with 2 times the rich spice, earth and woody finish. I burned this RASS down to a half an inch and do not regret burning my finger tips for one moment. A totally worthwhile smoke. :thumbs:

Many thanks to my bro Jose for gifting me this incredible cigar. Too bad for me that they are discontinued.

Nice review!

I would love to try some aged Ramon Allones besides the RASS someday, with the 8-9-8 and corona on the top of that wishlist.

Nice review!

I would love to try some aged Ramon Allones besides the RASS someday, with the 8-9-8 and corona on the top of that wishlist.

I also had a RA 898 of these the other night... love the vitola, I wish they had not discontinued them. Very nice tasting cigar.

I thought it was just me but I tasted that dried fruit taste in the 01's too. I don't really taste that in the 02s. Almost seem like 2 diferent cigar blends. Love them both but definitely different.