• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RASS, two different bands

If you are able - a side shot f the bands would be very helpful, as that is what I am questioning. From this small(2d) angle the red lines appear the same.

Here you go. Both sides represented, again 5,9,10 are 2005 and 13, 17 are 2007.

They look pretty simlilar as far as the red goes. I would say the white/red stripes bordering the red area are thicker on the newer bands. Also the new bands say "Cuba" on one side and "Habana" on the other while the older ones say "Habana" on both sides. The font looks marginally bigger on the new ones as well.

If you are able - a side shot f the bands would be very helpful, as that is what I am questioning. From this small(2d) angle the red lines appear the same.

Here you go. Both sides represented, again 5,9,10 are 2005 and 13, 17 are 2007.

They look pretty simlilar as far as the red goes. I would say the white/red stripes bordering the red area are thicker on the newer bands. Also the new bands say "Cuba" on one side and "Habana" on the other while the older ones say "Habana" on both sides. The font looks marginally bigger on the new ones as well.

Very cool!

I wonder if it's a 'proportional' thing?
It appears that the area of the 'V' in which the lines and words are placed seems to be of larger size on the newer ones!

Very cool!

It appears that the area of the 'V' in which the lines and words are placed seems to be of larger size on the newer ones!
My impression was that these are entirely new printing plates and embossing dies. Check out the wording on the sides of the central region. "Habana, Habana" v "Habana, Cuba"

Wilkey

Very cool!

My impression was that these are entirely new printing plates and embossing dies. Check out the wording on the sides of the central region. "Habana, Habana" v "Habana, Cuba"

Wilkey

Yes...it appears that way!

:thumbs:

I have a cab of Partagas Shorts where there are several with length variations of around 1/8 inch. The vendor is legit and I have no reason to question if they are fake.