• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recommend a good sampler for a noob like me

Jaster

Resident Who-Dat
I just got into cigars in the last couple of months or so, and I've tried a few different kinds trying to figure out what I like (5ers off of cigarbid usually, though my budget for this limits me quite a bit). So far, I've really enjoyed the 5 Vegas Series A's, and RP Vintage 1992's, and a few others, but can't seem to pin down what I really like. While I like the maduro Series A, I also really liked milder ones like the Perdomo Slow-Aged.

So could anyone recommend a good sampler out there that would give me a good breadth of tastes/strengths to try? I am on a budget, so under $50 would be nice.

Thanks!

If you haven't already try out the Newbie Sampler thread in the B/S/T forum. I received a lot of sticks I never would have thought to buy and enjoyed them all.

Click Here

Other than that it's just a matter of finding what you like and then expanding to other brands from there. Read as much as you can about the various cigars you have tried and liked and find others with similar quailities.

If you haven't already try out the Newbie Sampler thread in the B/S/T forum. I received a lot of sticks I never would have thought to buy and enjoyed them all.

Click Here

Other than that it's just a matter of finding what you like and then expanding to other brands from there. Read as much as you can about the various cigars you have tried and liked and find others with similar quailities.

X2

Also, I'd recommend trying these:

Padron 2000 maduro
RP Edge maduro
Oliva Series O (or even better Series V for a few extra bucks)
Romeo y Julieta 1875 Habana Reserve

All are good smokes in the $4-$6 price range.

Thanks for the recommendations! Keep 'em coming if you got 'em!

Same as the rest, check the newbie sampler thread. Also try the Sancho Panza Double Maduro, Cu*Ava, or Sol Cuban. All are brands I recieved in my newbie sampler, you might also want to try RP the Edge Lite.

Besides aforementioned smokes, I'd recommend:

Rocky Patel Sun Grown / Factory Selects
Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8

~Rob

I have a sampler for sale. It contains:

Ashton VSG Robusto
(2) Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve Robusto
Don Pepin Garcia Series JJ Belicoso
Montecristo Double Corona (Dominican)

You can find it in the B/S/T thread: here

Get over to the Newbie Sampler thread!

Try them all. Everyone's tastes vary.

Some of my favorites:

Padron 2000, 3000... X000
Gurkha Ancient Warrior, Nep. Warrior, Royal Brigade
RP Vintage(any), Olde World Reserve
Perdomo ESV, Golf, Champagne
RyJ Reserve Maduro
Fuente, anything, especially Hemis and Don Carlos, Opus and Anejo
Ashton, any
Punch, any
Montecristo, various
Graycliff, if you get a deal on them
CAO, various
Torano, mostly lightweight vitolas
Excalibur

There are many I don't buy, because IMHO they're overpriced.
Keep an eye on cigarmonster.com and CI Joe's Daily Deal.
Check out CI's Friday Night Fights, too.

The maduro and corojo wrappers usually taste better, IMHO.

Chemyst :cool: