• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recommend a Pipe Tobacco

StatHaldol

Hello!
It's time to order more pipe tobacco, please post your favorite tobacco and online supplier. I am partial to English tobaccos. Looking for a new experience.
Thanks in advance!

Mike in Louisiana

Search is your friend. :thumbs: There is more info than you could ever need if you look for it.

Hmmmm...did the search thing before I posted...I was hoping to find something fairly new from a reputable dealer that someone was enjoying now...

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Going to try GL Pease Westminster. Do you have a good online supplier to recommend?

If you look in the area just above, there is a pinned topic with the names of many online shops.

I guess you got one answer, but there is a thread in this room about "Desert Island" blends that has a number of great tobaccos listed. There's also the "What's in your pipe" thread that lists all kinds of tobaccos and most posts give a brief description and some even contain mini reviews.

Thanks!
Ordered some GL Pease Westminster from PipesAndCigars.com this morning. My wife gave me a sampler collection from Milan Tobacco for my birthday a few months ago. It's about gone. My favorites from the samples have been English tobaccos (much to her dismay; she doesn't like the smell).

Have a good week!

Westminster is still my favorite over all. Good luck with your journey.

http://pipes.priss.org/ is another review site I recommend :)

Some of the English blends I like are Jess Cronowitsch T 17 and Ashton's Artisan Blend. I also like Mac Baren HH Vintage Syrian, but its a bit more expensive and harder to find.

I haven't tried Westminster yet. I plan on it though.

A Balkan that I find myself liking more and more is Balkan Sesieni. at Cup of Joes

It's a little more expensive at CupofJoe's but they carry it in bulk, which I haven't seen anywhere else yet. Though, I haven't tried it in bulk.

I am also planning on trying Larry's Blend from Hearth and Home or Pipes and Cigars.

Thanks for all the great info! I put my order in last night. I'll follow up with a review next week...

Mike

Thanks!
Ordered some GL Pease Westminster from PipesAndCigars.com this morning. My wife gave me a sampler collection from Milan Tobacco for my birthday a few months ago. It's about gone. My favorites from the samples have been English tobaccos (much to her dismay; she doesn't like the smell).

Have a good week!

They are good to do business with. Thats who I usually use when I feel the TAD kicking in. :thumbs:

Westminster is still my favorite over all. Good luck with your journey.

When I smoked Westminister it tasted like a forest burned down yesterday.
Did I get a bad batch??

I am a long time smoker....
Maybe you just don't like it? :) I'm not sure what "a forest burned down yesterday" tastes like, so I don't know what else to say. :laugh:

We all have different tastes and our bodies all react differently to different tobaccos. I think Early Morning Pipe tastes like dirty socks but I like a few other blends that have similar components. Weird thing that whole taste thing...

Just got a tin of GL Pease Westminster delivered in a timely manner by PipesAndCigars.com. I'm enjoying it with a cup of Community Coffee (http://www.communitycoffee.com/ccc/Content.aspx).

It may become my new favorite. I'm partial to English tobaccos; unfortunately, my wife doesn't care for the smell of English tobaccos. She thinks they smell like burning upholstery.

I'll have to enjoy it in solitude in the boat chasing small mouth bass.

I also ordered some Balkan Sesieni from Cup of Joes. It's on back order and hopefully will be here in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Mike in Louisiana

Boswell's Best and Boswell's Pennsylvania Dutch Treat for a really tasty tobaccos that your wife will like the smell of :thumbs:

Boswell's Best and Boswell's Pennsylvania Dutch Treat for a really tasty tobaccos that your wife will like the smell of :thumbs:

Thanks! She buys a blend for me with a lot of cavendish that smells like chocolate chip cookies baking. The kids love the smell too...